Tint shop in SF? ATTN: Tint

Guest darkslide29

Guest darkslide29

Hey, I stumbled upon this website when researching tint laws in California. I signed up so I could email or private message you, but for some reason I wasn't able to do that, and that's why I'm posting this now.

I saw that you've made a few recommendations to your shop, and the customers have seemed to be very pleased with the work. I was going to go to either of a couple of places here in the city (San Francisco), but I would not mind to travel a little. I used to work out in Foster City, so I think your shop is just a few stops past that 92 Junction. No worries about the directions though..

I do have a couple of questions though. Not that I am concerned with how long tinting takes, because I honestly am not sure what any place would take but, Is this something I could drive to by myself, and simply wait a while for it to be finished? Or is it more of a long term drop off and take someone with me because it will be a while later?

Also, as far as I understand it, the law is 70% on the immediate side front windows, and any visibility behind those. Personally, I think that I am going to want to keep the same tint % all the way around. I suppose this part I should save for in person or what not.

My car is a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

I very much am hoping to do business with you as your business seems to have great work ethics and pride. I've recently ended a work contract so my schedule is wide open, dont know if I can just drop by or if it is by appointment.

I look forward to your response, and thanks for your time.

I guess so there is no confusion I should be specific and mention this is The Preferred Image in Redwood City, CA that I am trying to get a hold of. Sorry for the typo up top :-)

Good evening my friend,

sorry I have not been able to get bback to you on here

you do have however the right member and the right shop.

concerning the laws in california, its states no more than 70% or nothing at all, just so you know most clear glass already has from the factory 83%-71%. so adding another layer of even 70% would add on or meter darker than 70%. \

you can always contact me directly at the shop,

650-366-8468

Raphael, just ask for me.

I will be more than happy to help you tint your car, helping choose what' looks good and what doesnt, etc etc.

take care, hope to hear from you soon. :lol2

Guest darkslide29

I finally got around to having time to go to The Preferred Image. Let me tell ya, wonderful stuff!

If anyone else from the Bay Area comes across this site looking for a place to go like I did, go to The Preferred Image!

Was very friendly, and helpful, exactly the kind of experience you would hope for.

The work itself on my car is great. I love my Eclipse again hehe, I'm extremely pleased.

Thanks again Raphael!

Archived