Hello Fellow Tinters!

Guest Texasrocker

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Texasrocker

Sorry Ya'LL!! I didnt mean to "ramble" at all !! I will keep my posts much-shorter!!! Just excited to to be here amongst YOU PROS Also!!! I do have many-yrs exp, as You do also!! Im a "ol-fart" with plenty stories from my past in window-tinting!! Know you Guy do too!! Im a newbie-here, but by by All-Means, no newbie to the window-film industry!! Hell, I worked for the 1st "3M flatglass" distributor in Tx way back in 78-79, before "auto-film" was EVER perfected!! Not bragging at ALL!! , Together, we could make a "great attempt" at "heat-shaping" auto film, for the front of a old "hellicopter"?? Im a "ol Fart", but me "no-scare" of difficult curves on glass!! Just as YOU!!! PLEASE dont think Im "braggin" ya'll !! Im NOT!!, but Im a "1-pc" rear installer on the "difficult sh-T!, just as you "Seasoned Pros" Are!! I have a "client list" that would testify!! Over 10 yrs now!! No "seams", even on VW rears!! Just keep "workin" those "fingers" , and keep PLENTY of water,baby shampoo mix, under those "Hands", till you get em to the "finger stages"!! Its easier to do 2-pc "invisiseam", cut across the defroster, BUT!, do you have the "time"??!! VWs "suck" as you all know!! Gotta even heatshape the friggin "rollups"!! Guess I figure I can do the "rear-glass" in one pc, (with much time & love) dedicated to that "fishbowl", perhaps I belong here amongst "Tintdude.com"?? Me and my "Milwaukee Heatgun", can "exit" , if I stir-up too-much of a "fuss" here? Not my intention at all!! Hell, I may need some "advise" down the road, but "so-far", I havent ran across "anything" from any "manufacturer", that I cant apply a 120% auto-tint job on! However, there WILL be that day someday, thats why Im here amongst you "PROS" also!!!! ol TR

Me and my "Milwaukee Heatgun", can "exit" , if I stir-up too-much of a "fuss" here? Not my intention at all!! Hell, I may need some "advise" down the road, but "so-far", I havent ran across "anything" from any "manufacturer", that I cant apply a 120% auto-tint job on! However, there WILL be that day someday, thats why Im here amongst you "PROS" also!!!! ol TR

You aren't stirring up any trouble :lol2 I was just wondering what method you use to shrink back glass, recently one of our members developed a new way to dry shrink back glass's, I was just wondering if you were aware of it and thought perhaps you might appreciate the new technique. Almost all of us have adopted this new technique. :lol

Guest signjoe

:lol2

Welcome aboard Tintrocker!

Any chance you can put some paragraphs in your posts.

It makes them easier to read, like this.

Sorry but I could just about read the first one before my eyes started to hurt!

Good to have people like you with lots of experience here.

Cheers

Joe

Guest Texasrocker

Thanks Tintdude!! Im ALWAYS open for new-options for heat-shaping!! I still use the "Dinosaur Days" method!!! I still add "baby shampoo" to my 1 qt water "hand sprayer", for the old-style "wet" heat shrink method. Has never let me down yet! , but Im a "ol-fart" too!!, Im not in a "hurry" anymore anyways! I just "do it" the way I was originally-trained! Any "Help" to sucessfully get "faster" on those rear windows will be "muchly-appreciated"!! Remember, Im not in a "hurry"!! And dont plan too be either!! Hey Bro!, I didnt sign on here to try to "sell" anything at all !! However, I "ordered" some Seespray, the "heavy Ammonia-foam stuff" couple weeks ago! Anyone that "remembers" this stuff for "removing" old defective auto-tint, it WORKS !! Everyone is using " Simple Pink" now from the tint-distributors? Anyways, I got 2-cases, but only ordered 1. If any "indie Tint Shops" needs any, I have a extra"Full 12 (big aerosol Cans) if anyone still uses this? IT WORKS!! I have also heard that "Simple Pink" is better? Is that true? Personally, I wear a "paper respirator" over my nose, use the black precut plastic trashbag, spray the Amway Seespray, let it set in the hot-sun for 30-mins., and "Bam"!!, it ALL comes off except the glue, and us "pros" know how to finish it up!!! Im just Very Happy to be here amongst the "PROS"!!! When it comes to window-tinting, we can "share"!!! Hell, I started window-tinting (flat glass) in Dallas, working for John Heinen "Amersol Dallas Inc" first 3-M "Scotchtint" flatglass window-films Dealer ever developed in the DFW area!! Tinted MANY "mega-floor" hi-rise Buildings way back in the old-days, 1 floor at a time!! We always started at the "top floor", and worked our way "down"!! Those "films" were developed, before any "auto-tint" ever hit the market!! I just bet "Tintdude" can remember also!! I am a "Pioneer" now!! Been fully trained too!, Not "braggin" either!! I have "tested" ALL the films avail to the marketplace (Brands), and will be "honest" in my findings of "Quality" to date! Im just ol TR!! Sorry I "rambled" again!!!

Archived