Hard drive to use for Flexi?

kool kustumz

Whats the best specs to look for when buying a computer hard drive/tower to run FlexiSign Pro 7.5 v2? Ive installed it to 2 laptops, 1 worked but cant get it to open the Production Manager to set the settings to cut, the other one just plain wouldnt install. Tried to install it to 2 desktop computers (1 brand new and 1 really old) and wouldnt work on either of those. Im stuk using Sign Pro right now and the discs id like to open wont open with Sign Pro, only Flexi on the 1 laptop, and when I save the files to disc Sing Pro wont open them. So ive decided to buy a whole new computer, or atleast a good used one to start all over with the FlexiSign program instead of wasting more and more time with all these other computers. Thanx in advance!

Guest steve fisher
Whats the best specs to look for when buying a computer hard drive/tower to run FlexiSign Pro 7.5 v2? Ive installed it to 2 laptops, 1 worked but cant get it to open the Production Manager to set the settings to cut, the other one just plain wouldnt install. Tried to install it to 2 desktop computers (1 brand new and 1 really old) and wouldnt work on either of those. Im stuk using Sign Pro right now and the discs id like to open wont open with Sign Pro, only Flexi on the 1 laptop, and when I save the files to disc Sing Pro wont open them. So ive decided to buy a whole new computer, or atleast a good used one to start all over with the FlexiSign program instead of wasting more and more time with all these other computers. Thanx in advance!

I use a Barracuda 7200 rpm,160 Gig,AMD Athlon 64 3200,1536Mb ram.I have never had a problem at all.

I have 2 of these running in Raid 0:

WD 250 GB 16mb

They are cheap right now, I paid $120 each for em.

Just make sure you have a SATA mother board.

Also, I'd recommend buying from NEWEGG they have the lowest prices and best customer support anywhere. I've bought my last 3 computers from them, had one motherboard go bad, sent it back and they sent a new one out to me next day air for free. Thier shipping prices are very reasonable too.

:dunno Ive got 2 HDs raided also-thats the way to go! Instead of buying a brand new tower-go see your local computer geek-and be nice to him!- he can be your best friend! have him built your old computer. :DD

so tell the computer geek I need "2 raided hd's?" haha, im completely lost here guys. :DD obviously im far from a computer geek ........ yes!

Guest willie
Yeah-he'll know what your talking about :thumb It just allows you to store more info without boggin down your computer! :beer It may seem like over kill but for me it works great. :thumb

until it gets the willie eating memory and hard drive virus :trustme

Guest Sharek

My opinon......

I don't think its your hard drive. Alot of people refer to the Tower as the hard drive so maybe thats what you mean. If your computer isn't opening flexi I would look closer at the video and/or memory of the computer in question.

As for Raid.... Thats the way to go for backing yor files....there are a few different ways to raid.

The best multi disk SCSI but normal hard drives work fine

The two most popular are RAID Strip 0 or RAID Strip1

STRIPE 0 means multi hard drives ...all your data is mirrored on each drive....loose a drive and the back ups kick in.

STRIP 1 means multi hard drives but only X amount of data is copied to each drive.....this is good for for faster access speeds

For the record I run Flexi on a P3 800 with a 64meg video 1 gig ram on win2000 .with 1 SCSI drive . Never had a problem but thats just the cutter computer. All graphic design I do is done on something alot more powerful and all files are stored on a NAS Network Storage Device which consists of 6 SCSI drives Stripped 0

Archived