Looking for a good tint shop in bay area, CA

Guest dlux200sx

Guest dlux200sx

Hi all. I guess this forum is more for tinters, not tintees, but I have been researching forever and I can't seem to find a tint shop I like.

I got my first car in a shop in SF who used suntek I believe. Also did the vinyl on my dot matrix. The vinyl NEVER looked good, and started bubbling within a week. It was redone 3 times and they still couldnt fix it. I learned to live with it. The door windows (it was a coupe) started developing these goosebump things. I noticed it maybe after a year. They are horrible now. The cutoff piece was also a horrible fit for my window, with jagged edges and odd angles everywhere. Overall it was a horrible experience, even though I have lifetime warranty. I rather never go back to that shop again.

I just bought a new car, 2006 Civic coupe. And I want it done right this time. I am having an extremely hard time finding a tint shop that I feel comfortable with. I have visited 3 shops near my area, and either they were way too expensive ($x for 5 windows and vinyl), or I don't feel comfortable with their shop (dirty), or they can't guarantee a good job with the vinyl.

Can anyone refer me to a good shop in the Bay Area? I prefer 3M tint, and they can tint over or vinyl over the dot matrix (it's only 1.5 inches thick), and lifetime warranty. I am open to suggestions for other brands. I have read on this forum that Klingon and Llumar are also good brands, but I would prefer 3M if possible. I plan to do 20% all around for 5 windows. And I don't plan on paying over $xincluding vinyl, unless the quality of the shop and tint blows me away that I can't refuse!

Guest Pyromanikk
Hi all. I guess this forum is more for tinters, not tintees, but I have been researching forever and I can't seem to find a tint shop I like.

I got my first car in a shop in SF who used suntek I believe. Also did the vinyl on my dot matrix. The vinyl NEVER looked good, and started bubbling within a week. It was redone 3 times and they still couldnt fix it. I learned to live with it. The door windows (it was a coupe) started developing these goosebump things. I noticed it maybe after a year. They are horrible now. The cutoff piece was also a horrible fit for my window, with jagged edges and odd angles everywhere. Overall it was a horrible experience, even though I have lifetime warranty. I rather never go back to that shop again.

I just bought a new car, 2006 Civic coupe. And I want it done right this time. I am having an extremely hard time finding a tint shop that I feel comfortable with. I have visited 3 shops near my area, and either they were way too expensive ($x for 5 windows and vinyl), or I don't feel comfortable with their shop (dirty), or they can't guarantee a good job with the vinyl.

Can anyone refer me to a good shop in the Bay Area? I prefer 3M tint, and they can tint over or vinyl over the dot matrix (it's only 1.5 inches thick), and lifetime warranty. I am open to suggestions for other brands. I have read on this forum that Klingon and Llumar are also good brands, but I would prefer 3M if possible. I plan to do 20% all around for 5 windows. And I don't plan on paying over $x including vinyl, unless the quality of the shop and tint blows me away that I can't refuse!

I'd tell ya $x :thumb

Guest dlux200sx

Sorry about talking about prices, I didn't know.

But I am willing to pay over what many shops I have called around have quoted me. But I mainly want to look for quality tinting, the price doesn't matter as much, and I have been unsatisfied with every shop I have seen. Dirty workplaces, or poor quality cutoffs, things like that.

Does anyone know of a shop in the bay they can refer me to? With either 3M or Klingon (I can't find anything about Klingon on the web! They don't advertise, in order to pass savings to us right?).

Guest vclimber
Sorry about talking about prices, I didn't know.

But I am willing to pay over what many shops I have called around have quoted me. But I mainly want to look for quality tinting, the price doesn't matter as much, and I have been unsatisfied with every shop I have seen. Dirty workplaces, or poor quality cutoffs, things like that.

Does anyone know of a shop in the bay they can refer me to? With either 3M or Klingon (I can't find anything about Klingon on the web! They don't advertise, in order to pass savings to us right?).

:thumb You don't search for Klingon, it will find you. :beer

Wait for Tint to pass through he's in Redwood City or somewhere's close. He can help you.

Before you said a shop was way too expensive, now you're willing to pay.. :beer At least you're on the right track. :thumb I've worked in ugly shops, and we put out some great work, can't always go by that. Nice state of the art shops might have a rookie tinting your car, ya never know. It takes alot of $$$ to hire a quality tinter, the price usually reflects that. :beer

Guest dlux200sx
Before you said a shop was way too expensive, now you're willing to pay.. :beer At least you're on the right track. :thumb I've worked in ugly shops, and we put out some great work, can't always go by that. Nice state of the art shops might have a rookie tinting your car, ya never know. It takes alot of $$$ to hire a quality tinter, the price usually reflects that. :beer

Ya I reread my original post and it does sound like I'm not willing to pay. I never meant it to sound like that. What I originally wanted to say was that I visited one "high end" tint shop who wants to charge me up my wazoo. The price didn't discourage me yet, until I saw his samples in his shop. Even on his own car (his own car!!!), the cutoff on the edges were crappy, and thats on a 4 door too. I'd assume it would be even worse on a coupe.

And yes, I didn't know about this "consumer" area of the forum until this thread got moved. And now that it did, I have read other threads and have read about TINT, and will be contacting him shortly. He seems like an awesome and reputable guy. Aside from him though, do you guys have any other suggestions? Thanks for you guy's help!

Archived