Where to buy tint

Guest Murph.

So you want professional tinters to sell you film, so you don't have to use them?

Them would be most people on this board, who do this to make a living and pay the bills. I wouldn't expect too many to be jumping all over a reply.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest solarspot
So you want professional tinters to sell you film, so you don't have to use them?

Them would be most people on this board, who do this to make a living and pay the bills. I wouldn't expect too many to be jumping all over a reply.

:trustme

Guest Murph.

I never asked a professional tinter to sell me tint. I asked where to buy it.

I install 12v for a living. I help people on forums for fun. When people ask for help I don't tell them your killing my business. Some people are cool and some people aren't. You can avoid the reply button if I offend you.

Guest solarspot

I never asked a professional tinter to sell me tint. I asked where to buy it.

I install 12v for a living. I help people on forums for fun. When people ask for help I don't tell them your killing my business. Some people are cool and some people aren't. You can avoid the reply button if I offend you.

if you buy your electronics wholesale because your a dealer they arent gonna sell joe blow anything

just because they know where the supplier is

there is a reason they dont sell it diy per say

if you realy want to get into flat glass do your homework

put your money where your mouth is :thumbdown

its not like your asking for advise on how to install your asking to

bypass the headache and expense we all have had to fork out to be in business

helped you all I can GOOD LUCK

Guest Murph.

I appreciate the input. I am not asking for cost. Retail is fine with me. I have enough experience but I lack the info on where to go. I will figure it out, thanks.

Guest Murph.

Oldtimer you might want to look at your own forum.

http://www.tintdude.com/tint.html

They teach people to do your job. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Guest expertint

Look in the yellow pages and go visit a tintshop near you.Take your measurements with you and most shops will sell you the tint.Don't expect them to do the math for you and figure out what widths you need. you do that.When I had a shop I sold to alot of DIY'ers like yourself and although you wont be perfect it'll do..Keep in mind that this guy buys 100ft rolls and it is pro tint and some rolls cost him over $1000..bring cash

try to treat the pro's here with respect..OT has earned it.

Guest Murph.
Look in the yellow pages and go visit a tintshop near you.Take your measurements with you and most shops will sell you the tint.Don't expect them to do the math for you and figure out what widths you need. you do that.When I had a shop I sold to alot of DIY'ers like yourself and although you wont be perfect it'll do..Keep in mind that this guy buys 100ft rolls and it is pro tint and some rolls cost him over $1000..bring cash

try to treat the pro's here with respect..OT has earned it.

Thank you

Guest Texasrocker

Good Advise, "Flatglass Installers"!!! As you know, this is where "rubber meets the road"!!! You "Flat-Glassers" ROCK!!! You HAVE Experience!! Autos are for the "kiddos" in comparison!! I see folks on here "bitchin" bout VW's!! You dont have to "like em", but you "gotta" know how to "tint-em"also!! Some of the posts I read on here is "laughter"!! (NO OFFENSE)!! Somebodys got to "do-it"!! Pulling door panels, rear decks, and ALL this I read on here is totally-unnecessary!! Whuts UP??? To me, anyone that cant do 99% rear auto glasses in "1 pc", needs to go back to "school"!!! Hell, Im 52 yrs old, and can still "wet heat shape" anything presented from Any Auto Manufacturer, (so far)!!! It takes "skill" on the VW's, but nothing more!! Just "how-many" ol-timers are on this "forum" left with "no-fear"!??? Geez, Im not professing to be a "Tintmaster" or anything!, but "big-curves" dont bother me at all !! Just give me a good-heatgun, and enough time, and "BAM", its shaped & ready to install !!! Not "braggin either"!!! ol TR

Archived