Where to buy tint

Guest Murph.

Guest expertint

hey Texasrocker I haven't seen anybody come on this strong for quite a while..for an old man you're pretty enthusiastic..hot back there yet?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Texasrocker

If It was my fault,What did I Do??, to p1ss everyone off? Not my intention!! As far as "turds" (oops, not supposed to use quotations here), NO PROB!! At the end of the day, experience leaves the heatgun lying in the pile-of-sh-t, that other people create!! NOT in my Shop!!! Thanks for the warm-welcome!! I will never-forget!!!, ol TR

Guest TONY 67

If you look about the internet im sure you will find places that will supply you with DIY tint Gila being 1.if your looking for tint that these guys earn a crust from(ie $$ or ?? film in my case, that requires professional installation you might find it hard to source)I myself went down the route of attending a 3 day flat glass installation course 4 weeks ago to get me a tie in with a supplier. For what its worth I installed automotive film to 2 velux windows when I had my loft converted 8 years ago, knowing what I know now from attending the installation course and searching threads and the advice given on here its only been the grace of god that my 2 velux windows havnt had any problems ie thermal shock or seal failure.Today I just ordered my first 2 rolls of film and will be applying it to my home this weekend and hopefully with some advertising in the local newspaper ill start getting some calls from prospective customers.

ps a thank you to all the PROS on here who contribute to the threads and giving such valuable information to us newbies

I see folks on here "bitchin" bout VW's!! Pulling door panels, rear decks, and ALL this I read on here is totally-unnecessary!! Whuts UP??? To me, anyone that cant do 99% rear auto glasses in "1 pc", needs to go back to "school"!!! Hell, Im 52 yrs old, and can still "wet heat shape" anything presented from Any Auto Manufacturer, (so far)!!! It takes "skill" on the VW's, but nothing more!! Just "how-many" ol-timers are on this "forum" left with "no-fear"!??? Geez, Im not professing to be a "Tintmaster" or anything!, but "big-curves" dont bother me at all !! Just give me a good-heatgun, and enough time, and "BAM", its shaped & ready to install !!! Not "braggin either"!!! ol TR

posts like this are BS "rocker" ... everyone here does things alittle differently and you're knockin' 'em. you don't wanna pull panels, then don't. you wanna wet shrink, fine. you wanna 2 pc. everything, fine. but don't knock other tinters for doing it their way. you don't sound like your 52....more like 22 and full of himself. :thumbdown

I use to sell film to diy customers up until about a month ago. I posted a question on here about a diy customer, and several people on here made strong points why not to sell. My thoughts are as follows. We get calls all the time from customers wanting us to install film on their vehicle that they just purchased from wally martinez. One of many problems is that when the film turns purple in a month, if not right out the box, their friends will ask them who did their tint. Of course they are going to tell them who installed it, and neglect to mention that they had bought their own tint. The same can go for res. or comm.. When you have friends over and they see you work, they'll ask, who did your tint. Well I did, but I bought the tint from so and so, giving them the impression that you were sold defective material, and not that you didn't have a clue what you were doing. When this is your bread and butter, one bad word travels fast, and one small sale isn't worth it. If you are tinting cars by buying kits, why not step up and buy a roll. Find a supplier and get in the business, or stick to trunk monkeying and leave this to the pros.

And whats with the best buy threat? You really think they are going to put us out of business. Odds are if they do get in it, they will be buying the cheapest crap out there, probably second hand crap the real suppliers reject.

Guest Murph.
I use to sell film to diy customers up until about a month ago. I posted a question on here about a diy customer, and several people on here made strong points why not to sell. My thoughts are as follows. We get calls all the time from customers wanting us to install film on their vehicle that they just purchased from wally martinez. One of many problems is that when the film turns purple in a month, if not right out the box, their friends will ask them who did their tint. Of course they are going to tell them who installed it, and neglect to mention that they had bought their own tint. The same can go for res. or comm.. When you have friends over and they see you work, they'll ask, who did your tint. Well I did, but I bought the tint from so and so, giving them the impression that you were sold defective material, and not that you didn't have a clue what you were doing. When this is your bread and butter, one bad word travels fast, and one small sale isn't worth it. If you are tinting cars by buying kits, why not step up and buy a roll. Find a supplier and get in the business, or stick to trunk monkeying and leave this to the pros.

And whats with the best buy threat? You really think they are going to put us out of business. Odds are if they do get in it, they will be buying the cheapest crap out there, probably second hand crap the real suppliers reject.

Best Buy used Proline Styling. The sent us Matico 3D precut tint. The tint was great the tinters (instllers who tried ti tint) were the bigest problem. I give you guys a lot of credit even though you treat me like shiet. Not everyone can tint. You don't consider me a tinter and I am ok with that. I like precut tint. Call me a film installer if you wish. Flame on you won't bother me.

Thank you to the people who are here to help others. The rest of you need to find Jesus. :krazy

Archived