Where to buy tint

Guest Murph.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willie

I use to sell film to diy customers up until about a month ago. I posted a question on here about a diy customer, and several people on here made strong points why not to sell. My thoughts are as follows. We get calls all the time from customers wanting us to install film on their vehicle that they just purchased from wally martinez. One of many problems is that when the film turns purple in a month, if not right out the box, their friends will ask them who did their tint. Of course they are going to tell them who installed it, and neglect to mention that they had bought their own tint. The same can go for res. or comm.. When you have friends over and they see you work, they'll ask, who did your tint. Well I did, but I bought the tint from so and so, giving them the impression that you were sold defective material, and not that you didn't have a clue what you were doing. When this is your bread and butter, one bad word travels fast, and one small sale isn't worth it. If you are tinting cars by buying kits, why not step up and buy a roll. Find a supplier and get in the business, or stick to trunk monkeying and leave this to the pros.

And whats with the best buy threat? You really think they are going to put us out of business. Odds are if they do get in it, they will be buying the cheapest crap out there, probably second hand crap the real suppliers reject.

Best Buy used Proline Styling. The sent us Matico 3D precut tint. The tint was great the tinters (instllers who tried ti tint) were the bigest problem. I give you guys a lot of credit even though you treat me like shiet. Not everyone can tint. You don't consider me a tinter and I am ok with that. I like precut tint. Call me a film installer if you wish. Flame on you won't bother me.

Thank you to the people who are here to help others. The rest of you need to find Jesus. :krazy

Oh no you didnt :lol6

Archived