Question about a tint I just got

Guest nfs924

Guest nfs924

I got a quick question about a tint I just got. I got 20%, it looks really dark right now, almost limo. Does a tint look darker the first few days? (They told me not to clean the windows for 2 days-will some of that residue stuff come off after cleaning and make it looks not as dark?) The legal tint in my state is 35%, MD. Thanks!

If you asked for darker tint than legal , then you deserve whatever happens to you. :embar

If you just gave them the car and left it in thier hands to tint it up for you , you have been a victim of unsafe tinting practice and should take it back immediatly to the tinter and have it removed and replaced with the legal tint for your State. :thumbdown

Guest nfs924
If you asked for darker tint than legal , then you deserve whatever happens to you. :embar

If you just gave them the car and left it in thier hands to tint it up for you , you have been a victim of unsafe tinting practice and should take it back immediatly to the tinter and have it removed and replaced with the legal tint for your State. :thumbdown

They let me know that it was anything below 35% was illegal. I decided to get 20% because I didn't think it would be that dark. Here are some pics of the 20% tint:

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

Guest nfs924

Alright thanks for the quick replies. I don't drive crazy so *hopefully* I won't get pulled over. I live in a really clean area, so...

looks darker than 20. there's a shop here that does illlegal tinting everyday. when they say they're installing 20 they're actually installing 13. yours looks more like 13 to me. rolling ticket :thumbdown

This is the very reason why if I can't talk someone into legal tint..I just let them go somewhere else , that way I sleep better at night and won't have to deal with these situations

Guest nfs924

Well, this shop doesn't do any "unsafe" business practices, they clearly let me know that 35% was the legal limit. They had a window thingy that had tints- 50%, 35%, and 20%. 20% just didn't seem that dark on the window, 35% didn't seem dark at all. Maybe when I can wash this haze off it won't appear as dark.

Archived