Question about a tint I just got

Guest nfs924

You should take it back and pay to get it don legally ..if you ask nice and told him he was right, he might give you a break on the redo :beer

Maybe when I can wash this haze off it won't appear as dark.

:DD

Guest CSCustoms

The color of your interior makes a big different also. Dark interior darkens the tint alot. My guess is that you have dark interior. If it is light interior, then it's darker then 20%. 35% would of been you best choice. For myself, I have a 4 door BMW and went with 20% all around. Because of 20% all around, it lightens up the front more then normal and no hassels here. This I don't advise cause in the end, it all depends on the cop that passes by you. I have been lucky so far, but my day could come. If you leave it, just hope you have a cop that will give you a warning and just make you peel it. Good luck.

Guest nfs924
The color of your interior makes a big different also. Dark interior darkens the tint alot. My guess is that you have dark interior. If it is light interior, then it's darker then 20%. 35% would of been you best choice. For myself, I have a 4 door BMW and went with 20% all around. Because of 20% all around, it lightens up the front more then normal and no hassels here. This I don't advise cause in the end, it all depends on the cop that passes by you. I have been lucky so far, but my day could come. If you leave it, just hope you have a cop that will give you a warning and just make you peel it. Good luck.

Well, the interior of my car is silver/black (dark and lights). This is how I'm looking at it, 99% of cops won't pull you over for tinted windows, they will pull you over for doing other things (I.e. reckless driving, speeding, etc..) and then get you for the windows. I don't drive crazy and there is barely any crime around where I live, I've heard a lot of cops in MD really don't care, but the cops in VA and DC do. Thanks for all the replies.

Guest nfs924
They let me know that it was anything below 35% was illegal. I decided to get 20% because I didn't think it would be that dark.

Uh... 20% IS darker than 35%.

I know...

Guest asmoran

Do your factory windows have any tint to them? Many have up to 80% tint built into the glass. Combine an 80% glass with a 20% tint and you'll have 16% TSER.

Guest nautiboi73
Do your factory windows have any tint to them? Many have up to 80% tint built into the glass. Combine an 80% glass with a 20% tint and you'll have 16% TSER.

u mean VLT% not TSER

Archived