Help me, I'm stupid

Guest ag21

I have been tinting for about 2 years and just came across this for the first time. The back corner windows on a Dodge 15 passenger van... :spit I can't shrink it enough to do it in one piece without creasing it in the upper rear corner. The curve just seems too sharp. Can it be done in one piece? How? :spit

I have been tinting for about 2 years and just came across this for the first time. The back corner windows on a Dodge 15 passenger van... :spit I can't shrink it enough to do it in one piece without creasing it in the upper rear corner. The curve just seems too sharp. Can it be done in one piece? How? :spit

there is no cure for stupidness, just ask guest...he's go major issues now a days :lol:lol:lol

as for you window there, yes it can be done in one piece, its real hard to do that it gives the long time experts to accomplish..

I have been tinting for about 2 years and just came across this for the first time. The back corner windows on a Dodge 15 passenger van... :spit I can't shrink it enough to do it in one piece without creasing it in the upper rear corner. The curve just seems too sharp. Can it be done in one piece? How? :lol

there is no cure for stupidness, just ask guest...he's go major issues now a days :lol:lol:spit

as for you window there, yes it can be done in one piece, its real hard to do that it gives the long time experts to accomplish..

So, not only am I stupid, but I'm screwed too, right? I've got 8 of these vans to do. Gotta learn sometime...

Does anyone know the basic plan of attack? :lol

Guest tintgod

I have been tinting for about 2 years and just came across this for the first time. The back corner windows on a Dodge 15 passenger van... :spit I can't shrink it enough to do it in one piece without creasing it in the upper rear corner. The curve just seems too sharp. Can it be done in one piece? How? :lol

there is no cure for stupidness, just ask guest...he's go major issues now a days :lola :lola :lola

So, not only am I stupid, but I'm screwed too, right? I've got 8 of these vans to do. Gotta learn sometime...

Does anyone know the basic plan of attack? :oh crap

first plan of attack..dont listen to anything TINT says..he just got out of a mental institute and he thinks he is a tinter...little does he know...he is just a car washer :spit

other then that...just do them in two pieces..and be done with them :lol

I've got 8 of these vans to do. Gotta learn sometime...

Does anyone know the basic plan of attack? :spit

What did you do in this world to draw that kind of bad karma to yourself :spit

Those 2 window royally suuck to tint.

Guest Braud Spectrum
try shrinkin em sideways around the curve

:spit Yep somtimes turning the film sideways makes all the difference. Or even at an angle where the shrinking edge happens in the worst of the curve. I draw arrows on the film with sharpie to make sure I shrink in that direction once it's cut. Helps if you've got a pattern (liner from a previous screw up works just fine)

try sideways as far as it will shrink then splice it

Thanks guys, I was even more stupid by only ordering 20" film for these trucks, so I don't have the option to turn it sideways unless I do it in two pieces...I may try that. I have 5 rolls or film just for this job. :gasp I was thinking about pulling 2 windows and shrinking them all because I'm fighting the gasket and the bolts that are in the top and bottom center. What was I thinking when I said I would do this? :gasp

Guest expertint

We actually used to paint them black with krylon paint..in the later years we would tint half with black vinyl cause it streches better then seam in a piece of film. the seam runs up and down the window not horizontal.have fun the driver can't really see the window when driving..

Archived