top corners rollin up

Guest glassguy

Guest glassguy

I am tryin to come on board with the dry shrink thang (fabric sizing). works great for the overall shrink, but the top corners (sometimes bottom) seem to roll of the glass-after installing. is this a result from overshrinking or not enough?

also, what pattern is best for dry shrinkin? I have read to use the "h" pattern and some say not to. some use a plus sign. I know the answer is use what works best for me, but where to start?

You probably are overshrinking. The film needs a little room to stretch. It may also be the film you are using. Some seem to do that.

I personally use a horizantal line. I dry shrink with two gloves.

Is it pulling away in the corners?

I agree with both the above

Also is there any dot matrix involved with the windows your having trouble with? :DD

Good question Willie. I recently learned the soap method, and haven't had any problems yet with curling after the install like I did before with wet shrinking.

I use sizing, and on about 50% of the cars I do, it rolls up on the corners on the outside of the back glass while waiting to be installed, but never have a problem after installation.

I just re-wet the underside of those corner before peeling/rolling and everything is good.

Archived