New film purchase

Guest TONY 67

Guest TONY 67

I have just taken receipt of my first 2 rolls of film. On opening the boxes I noticed marks/creases on the film where the tape secures it ,also, there is no machine edge on the film looks like its been cut freehand , both films are 36 inch wide but one of the films was in a 48 inch box and also the barcode label on the box the last 4 digits are 04 02,and 11 01....could they be date of manufacture etc ...im not a happy man looks like ive been sold reject film....any advice guys??

Guest vclimber

Sometimes a dist. will splice a 72" into two 36's. But a 36" in a 48" box? :gasp Strange to me. As far as the begining of the roll not being cut straight, that is normal. If you are suspect, call and ask about it. Keep track of the linear footage too. You should have at least 100', 75', or 50' depending on what you ordered...

Guest TONY 67

thanks for the quick response, rolls are 100ft and I will be keeping a careful eye on the lenghts used, as far as im aware they only do 36, 48 and 60 inch wide ,also, when I was on the training course we were using film what was termed reject/flawed film,BUT , when even a new box of reject was opened it had a clean edge and also a cut /slit in the middle of the roll and in a better condition than what I have recently received,and why would they put a 36 inch in a 48 inch box, I was looking forward to doing my first full residential tint on my own home now ill be looking for creases or repeat flaws in a new film....

Guest TONY 67
I cannot help you

maybe person who sold you tint can

yes you are of course right.... you cant help,just asking opinions here in respect of if you buy a box of tint @ $$??, you dont expect creases marks on the first foot of film and not in the correct box.Im only looking for what should be my course of action ie phone supplier on monday morning and register my displeasure at on opening a seemingly new box of tint I find a defect right away and what happens if theres more defects further along the roll,as a disclosure I add that im new to this and its the first box of tint ive ordered

Guest TONY 67

thanks for the reply blade,I plan to cut the defect off the start of the roll then continue my fit tomorrow, once I cut the first length I will, with the aid of my wife and son get them to hold each end of the film and perfom a mirror frankenstein manouver holding said film while I inspect it, I shall have them perform this manouver until im satisfied theres no more defects ha ha

Archived