Dark spots on BGs

Guest ShadyKat

Guest ShadyKat

Hi guys, has anyone noticed blotchy spots on some rear windows. This is not a tint issue.. I have seen some BGs that look like Dalmatians, dark spots spread all over the back glass. I have seen this mostly on Nissans and BMWs anybody have an explanation as to what it is. :DD

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I have seen it and there is nothing you can do about it. However I believe the person making the glass was drunk at the time of manufracture.1peecout

Guest tintgod
It is caused by the flames hitting the glass during the manufacturing process of tempering the glass.

are you sure it isnt a bad acid flash back im having.. :DD:DD:DD

Guest ShadyKat

I have been very bizzy; thanks for asking Willie, and I find it hard to get work done around my shop if I am hanging out here. One has to set priorities. But, I promise to post something at least once a week from now on so everyone knows I?m at least still breathing.

Thanks for the explanations but what does a person do if they have this situation. I just PPFed an 06 BMW 325 and the rear glass looked like shizzt. The customer is wanting me to tint the damn thing but has not picked up on my hints to take it back to the dealer and have the rear glass replaced.

And no acid flash back, I only did maryjane and road rails of Coke a cola.

Guest cactustint
Hi guys, has anyone noticed blotchy spots on some rear windows. This is not a tint issue.. I have seen some BGs that look like Dalmatians, dark spots spread all over the back glass. I have seen this mostly on Nissans and BMWs anybody have an explanation as to what it is. :rollin

VISUAL APPEARANCE

Finally, the air quench nozzles discharge air in a fixed, reciprocating or rotating motion. The area of air quench can be seen through polarized glass as arrays of irridescent spots or lines.

Under some lighting conditions these patterns can be seen in ordinary light.

http://www.alumaxbath.com/tech/tgp.htm

found at bottom of page

Archived