Advertise Here

79 Mercedes

Guest new_tinter

Guest new_tinter

Hi I am new to this site and I have a question to ask , I am working on a 79 Mercedes and on the back window I keep getting "fingers" on the side of the window , along the defroster lines and I cant get em out I have worked on this window on and off for 2 days now , I can squeegee all the air pockets out except on the sides of the back window :gasp , it has the rear defroster on it could that be the problem? Can anyone help me figure this out so I can get finished with this car and get paid..... any comments would be helpful thanks

Guest ninjatinter

You picked a tuff one there dude. A curved, rubber sealed back glass is a huge pain in the arse. Either try and seam it or re-cut your pattern so it's not hitting the side rubber.

Guest new_tinter

ok I got my heat gun in the mail yesterday, now I'm ready to try and get this back window done.... is the black gasket whats causing the fingers , and also can I get some tips on useing the heat gun .....can we say newbie , would appreciate any help you all could give........... peace out

another question , if I cut it in lets say 3 strips , the window is 24x56 inch but if I cut 3 strips about 8 1/4 each could I do it that way and butt seam it together and get the fingers out

Archived