98 Lumina

Guest jtm999

Guest jtm999

Whats everyone's take on this ride,I've never done one of these before. I've done a bunch of the car that replaced this (the Impala) so is it similar to that. Do you need to pull the rear deck to get behind the brake light, and does it have the door gaskets that pull out like other GM cars. Thanks everyone! :rollin

oh and what about the rear quarters is there a black border.

post-15840-1151286046.jpg

Guest ridiculous

i know this is old but since the dude before me had no input, i'll post my experience.

this was the first car i did. so for me i thought the back glass was a pretty moderate skill level i guess you could say. its a pretty curvy bg. no need to pull the deck, imo. i just taped it up nice on top and bottom.

the quarters do not have a black edge. i trimmed the gaskets and got a nice look for being my first.

the roll downs were also fairly difficult because on the rears, they roll out of the frame making it a little more of a challenge, but take your time and it's a cake walk really. as for the fronts, when cutting the patterns, the window goes behind the side view mirrors which i thought was a pain. i just marked the film the best i could with my olfa and used a straight edge on my peel board and it turned out real nice.

i would recommend to tape the door felt as well on all roll downs!

hopefully this helps someone, :lol2

Archived