No glue residue at all!!!!!

Guest KARWV

Guest KARWV

This may have just been a "fluke" but it sure got my attention. Sat morning I was miffed when my first customer, a "regular" , neglected to tell me that this truck he bought already had tint on the 2 sides. Great way to start a Sat huh? LOL. ANYWAY,,,,,, I prepared myself mentally for film removal on a sat morning First thing! As I peeled back the firs corner to see how bad it was going to be.....................I pulled on the film and to my AMAZEMENT!!! the whole piece came off GLUE AND ALL,,, just like that. I have been around tinting for about 15 years and have NEVER seen this before. Almost like I was taking off that "Cling" type tint but there was definately glue.. It actually ALL stayed on the film. The film looked good, it felt like a pretty good film. ( The only reason he was taking it off was to go darker) My qestion is.............do any of you know about this kind of film?

This may have just been a "fluke" but it sure got my attention. Sat morning I was miffed when my first customer, a "regular" , neglected to tell me that this truck he bought already had tint on the 2 sides. Great way to start a Sat huh? LOL. ANYWAY,,,,,, I prepared myself mentally for film removal on a sat morning First thing! As I peeled back the firs corner to see how bad it was going to be.....................I pulled on the film and to my AMAZEMENT!!! the whole piece came off GLUE AND ALL,,, just like that. I have been around tinting for about 15 years and have NEVER seen this before. Almost like I was taking off that "Cling" type tint but there was definately glue.. It actually ALL stayed on the film. The film looked good, it felt like a pretty good film. ( The only reason he was taking it off was to go darker) My qestion is.............do any of you know about this kind of film?

sorry I am new at posting

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod

I have had this happen many time..it all depends on the film..there are many film companies that have some out with this "gimmick" as I would like to say..I really dont think it is a plus in saying our film will come off with the glue on removals..like they are expecting it to fail :finger:

I for one...like to have my film to adherer to the glass like it was meant to.. but that is just me

Personally, I think it would be a selling feature for a professional film manufacturer to have the glue come off with the film, then you can say to a customer " if you change your mind down the road and want another type of film or don't want film on at all , or are going to sell the car to someone that doesn't want tint, you wont have to pay big $$$ to have it professionally removed."

The odds of this happening where a customer would want this option is rare..but customers like the feeling of having the choice.

This is only good of course if it was still a pro rated film what had a long life expectancy on it :finger:

Archived