Had a first...

Guest 67camaro02

Guest 67camaro02

Well for the first time ever I had a complaint this weekend about the guys radio not picking up AM stations. I used Johnny's Silo (which is their hybrid line) and it was one of those poor man's bentley's (Chrys 300)

He called the next day and said he tried to listen to a baseball game and that the station would barely come in.

As most of you would do I kind of talked my way out of it/bought myself some time by asking him to give it time to cure and see if the problem persists..yadda, yaddda, yadda.

Thoughts???

I know Johnny isn't necessarily the preference around here, but the Silo line isn't supposed to cause this (hence why it was used)

A lesson I learned a while back whe nthey started putting antennas in the back glass...most of the time it's not even an issue ..but I profile customers..as soon as I see someone 55 and older, I tell them about the AM reception issue..younger customers couldn't care less :finger:

On to your problem..if you take your olfa and do an "old school" cut along where the antenna is like back in the splicing days, it should take care of th issue "just dont cross over it" :finger:

The outlay of that antenna escapes me at the moment, however the idea is to break the circuit of the antenna to the conductive film :dunno

Guest 67camaro02
A lesson I learned a while back whe nthey started putting antennas in the back glass...most of the time it's not even an issue ..but I profile customers..as soon as I see someone 55 and older, I tell them about the AM reception issue..younger customers couldn't care less :thumb

On to your problem..if you take your olfa and do an "old school" cut along where the antenna is like back in the splicing days, it should take care of th issue "just dont cross over it" :finger:

The outlay of that antenna escapes me at the moment, however the idea is to break the circuit of the antenna to the conductive film :dunno

good looking out bro...he if he comes back knocking I'll give that a shot. I was thinking I was going to have to strip and go old school poly :finger:

I use J Silo and GStone, no problems as of yet. GStone is non conductive and works great for cars with antenna in the rear glass. Great looking film to, I prefer the color over Silo.

Archived