solarzone solar steel 70

Guest glassguy

Guest glassguy

has anybody seen or used this tint in automotive application. it is all metal and would be the right shade to make tinting front doors legal with a 50% lt trans law.

any help or info would be great!!

thanks

Guest darkdan

Yes, total PITA to work with.

EVERY spec of dirt shows (at least with the 50% and the 20%).

Shrinking is a PITA.

Looks great though. Decent heat rejection.

Hard sell though.

"Cold Steel" is the flat glass film. "Solar Steel" is the auto film. Same film, different box sticker.

If you're looking for a good full metal film that won't get your customers in trouble then try Suntek's Infinity OP. Much easier to work with. Hides dirt better. "Neutral" enough color that it doesn't look dark. Meters close to right too.

I just did a friends RSX with Soarsteel 20. Dan is right about it being a PITA to work with. It shrinks very similar to Quantum. If installed properly (no overheating or contamination) it looks nice.

As far as the 70% passing inspection here in DE it won't. The film plus the tint in the glass drops it to like a 67 to 68% and if the inspector even notices that it is tinted and puts his meter on the glass he will fail the car if it doesn't read 70% or better.

Personally I don't carry film that light because there hasn't been a demand for it. :bingo

Guest darkdan

Well his law (like mine) is 50% net VLT.

So 75% (glass) + 66% (film) = 50% VLT (49.5 according to the math, which is never correct)

Our law allows down to 47% in MN, but I did get a warning ticket when my window metered 42%.

Archived