Fingers drawing felt contamination

Guest naughtydog

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pulling panels helps with felt contamination, as does pulling the bottom seal, which I do first if possible. However, I still ALWAYS tape felt seals. Someone had a tip of the week to rub the felt and other surfaces with rubbing alchohol when tape won't stick, and I've found that this takes care of non-sticking issues even with regular masking tape which is what I use.

It's always better to use a few seconds and a few cent's worth of tape than a couple of dollars and several minutes re-doing or fixing a window.

H

I heard a rep say that if you can't tint a car without pulling the panels then you should find a different line of work. It is time consuming, and can be very expensive if something breaks. I would only pull the panel if there was something inside with the window guides that needed repair and of course charge for that.

If you lay the film right then there should not be any fingers at the bottom or sides that will give you problems. An air compressor line and a blow gun attachment is one of the best defenses I have found on POS cars that I run into that "live" on gravel roads........

JMO

To say all cars can be done without pulling panels is absurd. I tint MOST cars without pulling panels, but some need to be pulled and others are so easy to pull compared to tinting them in place that it makes sense to pull them.

I really resent people who insist it must be done one way or the other or you aren't a "real tinter"...give me a break.

Archived