OK, now I get to do some more free work

I did an S-10 strip once for a particular customer that wanted it to only come done 4 inches on the sides. He also wanted the "down curve" which was the factory edge on the bottom. Well with the curve of the windshield it came to be about 1 inch or maybe 1.5 inches in the middle of it......pretty worthless IMO but the customer made his request to me and I did it....

BTW....he loved it.

hand cut bottom edge to follow factory curve......personal preference and a bit more technical....not everyone can cut a nice smooth line....

sets me off from any competition around here

hate doing them though and no matter what charged it never seems enough.....can do a back glass in about the same time....bit more film but time is more to me.....

if someone does request to follow curve, I have a technique I use to do it quickly. Usually I just cut 60" pieces by 3 off a 20". we have a 6 inch law here. quick and easy if they dont listen after I tell them they don't want one.

cutting is the curve isn't that big of deal. It is the cleaning of a whole windshield when you only tint the 6inches or so.....and that has to be one of the nastiest glasses on a car......

rather be doing a back glass or 2 doors anyday.....

Guest solarspot

yep I hate them like lildetails said cant ever charge enough

but not good enough to free hand the bottom edge yet

that would make it a little easier

Here's the pics. The first one is from the top left of the windshield, and easier to see than the second, which is taken from the front of the car. It's tough to see that micro-strip at the top.

:wall I had been waiting on those pics. :lol:thumb:wall

Guest solarspot

yea not really worth the time but some people are crazy with what they want

had a guy last thursday bought a new crew cab that had factory privacy glass on the rear he wanted the back doors darker nothing on the front then he installed a rear window with slider NO tint the truck looked so stupid but to each his own I guess

Archived