Question on Bar of Soap Shrink Method??????????

Guest CSCustoms

Guest CSCustoms
:evilgrin Well, I need help with those that tried this method. I picked up some Zest Soap Bars. Had a Cav today and thought I would try it out. First I lathered the soap and rubbed it all over the back glass with my hand. Then applied, cut and started to shrink the tint. I noticed that the tint was sticking a bit causing possible kinks, so I lifted each side and added water and tried that. Seem to be the same problem. Of course I am doing something wrong. Can anyone help with a step by step. I read about it in bottles with water?? How do you do that with a bar of soap, etc. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks for you time. :eyebrows Mars

Guest Al-tint

I use Ivory.

Wipe onto the glass and LET IT DRY. Wipe over with a DRY paper towel to make it white. Wet the towel and wipe a wet line across the centre. Lay and anchor film, now shrink.

:eyebrows

Guest CSCustoms

Wipe on to glass meaning what I had done, lather in hand and wipe the whole window down with the soap??? Don't mind me if I'm slow on understanding. LOL

Guest tintgod

this is what I do...I use shop rag..but you can use a regular wash cloth..fold it in fourths..to make it the size of your hand...spray it with water on one side..you dont need to drench ..just moisten..rub the bar of soap on it..making a white paste ..rub that on the glass and let dry..it should dry pretty fast..(to a white haze)..make anchor..and shrink

I have found the dove works best for me for the bar of soap

this is what I do...I use shop rag..but you can use a regular wash cloth..fold it in fourths..to make it the size of your hand...spray it with water on one side..you dont need to drench ..just moisten..rub the bar of soap on it..making a white paste ..rub that on the glass and let dry..it should dry pretty fast..(to a white haze)..make anchor..and shrink

I have found the dove works best for me for the bar of soap

:eyebrows I still use ivory, but apply the same way. It took me a couple of tries to get it right, because I seem to want to change things up when I'm busy. Look at the link again, and give it another try, you wont look back. :evilgrin It the shizzle mang.

Guest willie

took me awhile to get used to but I love it.

One of my problems at first was not letting the soap dry. That sounds like something you might be doing

Keep pluggin :beer

Guest signjoe

Glad you asked the question as I can't wait to try this.....

Dry shrink at the moment, but potzy tells me the soap is the shizz! :beer:hmmm

Thanks for explaining this guys

Cheers

joe

Archived