Why don't customers get it !!!!!

Guest signjoe

Guest signjoe

I've had a few of these type of phone calls this week.

One guy I told it was illegal still wanted it....

"but it's against the law for me to put it on, and for you to have it on there, and your insurance will be invalid as well"

"Yea, but loads of other cars have it so can you do it or not?"

:lol6:lol2

Then had one yesterday who got stopped by police and metered 37% (No I didn't fit it, he says it was on the car when he bought it) - got a rectification notice to take tint off.

Phones me and wants me to come out and meter the front windows because he says

"it's not dark at all and I'm not too sure about the police metering and want a second opinion before I take it back to the garage to have it taken off" WTF!

:wall:wall

Is it just me that gets muppets ringing all day! :evilgrin

I'm thinking of getting one of those 0898 numbers and doing a tint advice line at ?1.50 per minute - then I can talk to the muppets all day!

PS The european section is shameful with the p1ss poor ratio of posts compared to the rest of the forum.

If you can find the energy to log on and look in, then post something for fecks sake....

Even if it's just venting like I've just done! :finger: Come on! :eyebrows

Cheers

Joe

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nautiboi73

yep that sonds about right.

had one the other day say " well you speed and that illegal"

first you don't know that I speed and with that logic. selling dope to kids is illegal but I speed so it is ok :beer

"but it's against the law for me to put it on, and for you to have it on there, and your insurance will be invalid as well"

:bat:bat

Then had one yesterday who got stopped by police and metered 37% (No I didn't fit it, he says it was on the car when he bought it) - got a rectification notice to take tint off.

"it's not dark at all and I'm not too sure about the police metering and want a second opinion before I take it back to the garage to have it taken off" WTF!

:bat:heh

Is it just me that gets muppets ringing all day! :bat

I'm thinking of getting one of those 0898 numbers and doing a tint advice line at ?1.50 per minute - then I can talk to the muppets all day!

PS The european section is shameful with the p1ss poor ratio of posts compared to the rest of the forum.

If you can find the energy to log on and look in, then post something for fecks sake....

Even if it's just venting like I've just done! :heh Come on! :beer

Cheers

Joe

Liverpudlian Greetings from the other side of the world signjoe, :hmmm

Unfortunatley the world is full of "muppets" and stacks of them drive cars :bat

Here in Australia people are much more savvy towards tint because its not a newish thing to have on your motor.......Still the same questions from customer "I want the darkest".....etc....etc... :hmmm

Whats the legal requirement in the UK?? Is it not the same as here 35% all round?

jj

Guest potzy

:lol2:lol2

:40:40

Is it just me that gets muppets ringing all day! :lol

Even if it's just venting like I've just done! :? Come on! :lol2

Cheers

Joe

Liverpudlian Greetings from the other side of the world signjoe, :lol2

Unfortunatley the world is full of "muppets" and stacks of them drive cars :rollin

Here in Australia people are much more savvy towards tint because its not a newish thing to have on your motor.......Still the same questions from customer "I want the darkest".....etc....etc... :lol2

Whats the legal requirement in the UK?? Is it not the same as here 35% all round?

jj

The law outlines 70% VLT through drivers and passengers front doors, so nothing what so ever apart from clear safety film. :DD

New cars have VLT 70% (mainly) and any film clear or not - make Your car outlaw.

That what I told 2,000,000,000 times - tempered glass not safe during accident. People want to drive safe and install 2-4-7-8 mil on drivers glass. And ......... :):DD glass + clear film = OutLaw tint :beer

But we (I mean TintDudeZ) are still happy that third person who have NO IDEA what means V.L.T. sign regulation which can make us poor. This is endless topic like LifeTimeWarranty - but such kind of warranty is close to :lol6 cirkus, Tint.LawZ can :lol2 us sooner or later, if we will keep silence....IMHO.IMHO.IMHO.

P.S. I am OK making money on Safety films. But anycase ..... :lol2

Guest Tintim

Hi all,

Advise customer, give them a VOSA leaflet, if the insist fit a 50% tint nothing else, say on your invoice you have informed the customer of the regulations and take your chance.

I've seen much darker then this on new cars and personally think VOSA and police need to clamp down again. If companies continue to fit front tints and dark ones at that, its only a matter of time, then everyone will be moaning about business dropping off. It'll make the news on TV, You know what the public are like - :lol6 they'll get the wrong end of the stick and think your not allowed to have tint rear of driver.

:beer

Guest signjoe
I have customers telling me all the time there allowed this and that by law :nuts

:lol2:lol2:DD:lol6:beer:):lol2 Kick in the bollix - that's what they deserve!

Cheers

Joe

Hey Tintim,

Have you had any problems from police or VOSA for putting 50% on fronts...

Also where do you get VOSA leaflets?

I didn't even know they produced them - are the free for tint shops mate?

Have your customers been stopped with 50% and made to take it off or does it meter ok for just an advisory from VOSA.

Cheers

Joe

Guest walestint
Hi all,

Advise customer, give them a VOSA leaflet, if the insist fit a 50% tint nothing else, say on your invoice you have informed the customer of the regulations and take your chance.

I've seen much darker then this on new cars and personally think VOSA and police need to clamp down again. If companies continue to fit front tints and dark ones at that, its only a matter of time, then everyone will be moaning about business dropping off. It'll make the news on TV, You know what the public are like - :lol6 they'll get the wrong end of the stick and think your not allowed to have tint rear of driver.

:beer

"........they'll get the wrong end of the stick and think your not allowed to have tint rear of driver..."

- Good point, I have had that a few times

Archived