is it me?

Guest nautiboi73

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
from what I've seen Optitune absorption is 38%. and yeah I thought about that. amazing they have a 5%. kinda cool. infact I contacted them today about getting some sample rolls.

38% sounds more like it. The numbers are impressive.

I went to a job site to give a quote and saw "brothers" who also tint giving a quote also.

well I dirve by a week after I give my proposal and see that there is 05% ( I assume sun gard) on the building.

Now in my proposal I explained why u don't want to put a dark film on double clear annealed glass. but I suppose that his quote was lower than mine and thus, the 1 month old building will have cracked glass or failed seal in its furture.

or am I wrong?

Could be Hanita's Solar Zone OptiTune 05, Dual Reflective. :rollin

This is an architectural film and they claim it absorbs 9%. :lol2

from what I've seen Optitune absorption is 38%. and yeah I thought about that. amazing they have a 5%. kinda cool. infact I contacted them today about getting some sample rolls.
very

its true, I dont try to adverstise it to much, but I've installed it in my friends business and so far no problems.

We've installed similar film to insulated glass - but only after I first explain to them why it's not a good idea, and then make them sign off that in the event of breakage there is no warranty applying. In the end I figure if they are well informed and willing to take the risk then it might as well be me who does the work.

Guest nautiboi73

I went to a job site to give a quote and saw "brothers" who also tint giving a quote also.

well I dirve by a week after I give my proposal and see that there is 05% ( I assume sun gard) on the building.

Now in my proposal I explained why u don't want to put a dark film on double clear annealed glass. but I suppose that his quote was lower than mine and thus, the 1 month old building will have cracked glass or failed seal in its furture.

or am I wrong?

Could be Hanita's Solar Zone OptiTune 05, Dual Reflective. :lol6

This is an architectural film and they claim it absorbs 9%. :beer

No I am sure that it is a sun gard film.

But even in the event that it is not as dark as 05, although that is what I heard the building manager ask for.

MY understanding was that on any annealed glass, that you wouldn't wantto go darker than about 35% to ensure no breakage.

and anyway SILVER 20 looks better and always works :lol2

Archived