Questions on My New Tint (02 Honda Accord)

Guest gorillastrong

Guest gorillastrong

hi guys, just wanted to say first off that I really enjoyed reading your forums before I got my tint. it gave me a good prospective on what I wanted and so forth. Also some of the topics were highly entertaining.

Ok, so I just got my car tinted today. Its a silver 02 Honda Accord...sorry dont have any pictures yet. Took it clean to them, exterior and interior. Made sure floor panels were vaccumed and such so the guys wouldnt have anything in there way, etc. And the job came out great, all of the windows look excelent to me. Except for some parts of my back window.

So heres where my questions are. Is it common that there is a "dot matrix" around the brake light section above the trunk? Because I have like 5, 2 centimeter sized bubbles surrounding it and a couple of sporadic ones. Now, is something that would cure itself when the tint comes completely dry or does it need to be fixed? Also on the very top of the back windshield / window, close to the roof, I have like a dotted panel thing...and the glue dried un-evenly or something. So it bothers me. Im stoping back by the shop on friday to ask him about it, but I wanted to see if you guys had any opinions about it. I'll take some pictures of it tomorrow morning.

Guest gorillastrong

hey, I took the pics of the of the car so yall could see what im talkin about. Plus and overall view of the car.

And please post all comments, any would be helpful and nice. and the tint is from llumar and from what I had read it was a reputable tint film.

post-17949-1151599261.jpg

post-17949-1151599280.jpg

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

that looks par 4 that car with llumar film,if,a few tricks are not used that can improve on the look of the dot matrix area.But,not all tinters use these tricks. What you have will be okay for years to come, so , don't worry about it.What can be done is to let it cure for about 2 or 3 days.then have the tintshop where you got it done,go back over it and press it down in the dot matrix area to help improve on how it looks.Please be realistic and understand that it may not be completely eliminated,but, a good majority shall be .

Guest gorillastrong

yea, I stopped by the place and they said thats what I should do. if not, we could try something different. Ohh and sorry for soundin like a newb, but how are ya usin "par 4" in that comment :lol6 ...I mean is it a compliment? If so thanks, bec I didnt think the tint looked bad at all. Here are the pics of what I was workin with before hand. Complete lack of privacy.

post-17949-1151613291.jpg

post-17949-1151613354.jpg

Guest walestint
hi guys, just wanted to say first off that I really enjoyed reading your forums before I got my tint. it gave me a good prospective on what I wanted and so forth. Also some of the topics were highly entertaining.

Ok, so I just got my car tinted today. Its a silver 02 Honda Accord...sorry dont have any pictures yet. Took it clean to them, exterior and interior. Made sure floor panels were vaccumed and such so the guys wouldnt have anything in there way, etc. And the job came out great, all of the windows look excelent to me. Except for some parts of my back window.

So heres where my questions are. Is it common that there is a "dot matrix" around the brake light section above the trunk? Because I have like 5, 2 centimeter sized bubbles surrounding it and a couple of sporadic ones. Now, is something that would cure itself when the tint comes completely dry or does it need to be fixed? Also on the very top of the back windshield / window, close to the roof, I have like a dotted panel thing...and the glue dried un-evenly or something. So it bothers me. Im stoping back by the shop on friday to ask him about it, but I wanted to see if you guys had any opinions about it. I'll take some pictures of it tomorrow morning.

all the time you spent taking phots and writing this you could have got it sorted by phoning tint shop or calling by, they would have advised you surely?

just a thought

Guest gorillastrong

hah, yea the day of those pics and things I had went up there. I mean with a digital cam it took what a total of 3 minutes to: take the pic, load on the comp, and make the posts. Besides not to make accusations toward the legitimacy of the professional I went to, I really enjoyed the services, I just like to hear other opinions from multiple sources.....sorry for liking my research to be thorough. And be educated at what im persuing :beer

ANY vehicle that has dots along the window will have some degree of uneven looking tint around the dots. Your car is not that bad and probably can be squeeged down to look alot better. Just be glad you dont have a 2 dr accord, those cars have about 5 to6 inches of thick dots and look HORENDOUS after being tinted.

But what you have as far as the silver uneven look on the dots is normal, window tint was made to lay FLAT on glass, years back the DOT MATRIX was made to make the glass look better in the eyes of the designers but the film just will NOT flex and strech enough to stick down beyond the dots.

its kinda like if you take a piece of paper and lay it flat on a table, it lays flat, but if you throw a bunch of rocks on the table then lay the paper on top there is no way it will lay flat, kinda the same idea with the dots, tint will just NOT lay flat over the dots and the film being pulled from the glass creates the silver look.

Archived