02 Jetta

Guest Cruizin

Guest Cruizin

I am a rookie in the field, and ran into a problem trying to tint the side windows. The top of the door panel sits so much higher than the rubber seal and I could not get the film to drop behind the rubber. What is the easiest way to accomplish these windows? Anything else I should know about with this car? Thanks in advance.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

If your a rookie,you may want to try the "panel removed" tinting method.I believe that will help alot in eliminating many obstacles for you, so you can get familiar with working the film. Never give up, never surender! :spit

Guest tintgod
remove the screw on the top front corner of the panel (facing the doorjam). then the top of the panel pulls back enough to pop the gasket out. panel removal isn't necessary then.

the only problem I have with this is that some of those seals are a PITA to get out on those cars..even for an experiences person....and can break..specially the back door seals..so just be carefull

the only problem I have with this is that some of those seals are a PITA to get out on those cars..even for an experiences person....and can break..specially the back door seals..so just be carefull

TG's right on that..I've always removed the seals..I've never broke 1 ,but took a while B4 I could get them out easy..once you get the first one out , study it underneath where the "lip" is, then you'll get a better understanding of how to give it a slight angle twist as pulling up the other ones with more ease :rollin

Guest rnunez29
I am a rookie in the field, and ran into a problem trying to tint the side windows. The top of the door panel sits so much higher than the rubber seal and I could not get the film to drop behind the rubber. What is the easiest way to accomplish these windows? Anything else I should know about with this car? Thanks in advance.

Guest shadowline

Im the same as the other guys, I pull panals where I have too, on this unscrew one srew, pull the top of the panal back and take out the weather strip leave the rest of the card in place, job done :hmmm

Archived