Quarter glass fix

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

Guest Al-tint
the only thing I would wory about is the guy who uses an Ice scraper.

Which is alot around here.

I was at a shop once that did that on a Mercedes like the one in your pic, and I thought............................................ naw.

Sorry.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1PEECBARETTA

yeah-well not all tips are for everyone.we dont have to worry about ice around here.you don't like the tip , fine by me just trying to make your day a little easier.Besides,some of you guys cover the dot matrix on the rear glass with vinyl.

I'm guessing what he meant which I do also when needed is that the vynl goes ont he inside. The end result does look factory and I have never had a customer complain yet.

if your going to take it apart to put vinyl on it, why not just use tint? or am I missing something?

and 1peec I liked your tip, I might use it on some of the cheep customers that dont want to pay, but are going to pick apart the car :duck

Guest tintgod
Besides,some of you guys cover the dot matrix on the rear glass with vinyl.

yeah...I I think that looks like azz also.. :beer,,just kidding

dont get your thong in a bunch 1 piece...it is a good tip for some ppl...and not for other..you have to except that some ppl are going to think that doing that is kinda half azzed..and other are going to think ..hey..I will just to this and it will save me some time

Guest willie

This is for the cars with the impossible quarter glasses.-Accords, Fusions,Mercades,ect.. Cover the area that you can't tint behind with Black vinyl. makes the gap a little less finicky ,too.With practice and a steady hand ,you can make it appear factory.Sure beats removing the glass. :beer

im not one to put vinyl on a car to make my tint jobs easier/faster.. I do what needs to be done to make it look factory..and vinyl on the outside of the window doesnt cut it for me or my customers...but if it works for you great..good tip :hmmm

yeah rub it in TG,

not everyones customers fart gold,

they dont :bat:lol

no they poop it :hmmm

good tip for those who dont know how or wouldnt like to take it out. here I tint them all the way back, but I see those hack jobs all day and it would look 10x better if it was vinyled. I have customers coming here wanting me to just retint their accord wings. I usually charge fifty or so to redo them. but now I may just offer to charge them twenty or so to slap up some vinyl for them. thanks 1piece.

Archived