Contam free finishes....

Guest walestint

Guest walestint

This is something always strived for..

I will go through all tint steps thoroughly then apply tint

in my mind I am prepared to redo and use the just tinted piece as a final contam removal tool just n case there is any contamination

so when ive re shrunk another, trimmed, released lining, sprayed it I then remove first tint from window mist glass and apply the tint.

I dont have to do this often, mainly on 3 dr rear windows for some reason, mind you thats me being picky over the slightest of contamination

happens maybe once a week

with tricky saloons I will apply off cuts into tight spots to clear any contam hard to get at then remove

I dont tint no more than one full car a day so theres no rush on the job...

Guest walestint
Are you actually making money with re-do's and one a day.???

Your speed and cleanliness will come

Naughty

yeah no probs at all

as I said it may happen with one window in a week, just an idea I use sumtimes

its only me, little overheads, not gonna bust a gut, people are happy to wait a few weeks to get tinted

would rather get it right than rush to fit a few in a day

normally get car finished by 2pm - off for a surf then - easy does it :duck

Guest execspec

This reminds me of when we 1st started , toyota corrolla ... only took us till 9pm :dunno .

Walestint dont you save templates ?? you could tint a 3door in 1-1.5hrs - top job ...... then plenty more time for surfing :gasp

Guest walestint
This reminds me of when we 1st started , toyota corrolla ... only took us till 9pm :dunno .

Walestint dont you save templates ?? you could tint a 3door in 1-1.5hrs - top job ...... then plenty more time for surfing :gasp

ha! good point

thing is its hard when typing ideas in this format as it then appears that I take ages due to either a lack of experience or summit if you know what I mean. And teling a customer it takes all day makes them feel theyre getting their moneys worth!

its just that I choose to tint the way I do because it suits me. I dont like booking in 2 cars as you never know what can go wrong and then youre under pressure. I also tint in evenings at a push and rarely on weekends

If it just the rear 3 on a 3 dr ill do two of those in a day no worries

aswell as auto and flat tinting I also do signs / graphics on the side and have to deal with customers etc plus nipping home for brekkie at 11am lol so like to be chilled as poss!

waffling on now ...

im sure you get my drift!

solartint dot co dot etc

Archived