60's BG!!!!

Guest CSCustoms

Guest CSCustoms

When it comes to the 60's, heater lines never exsisted. I had a 63 Impala SS come in once for tint and noticed the exteremely curved back glass with no H lines. I have seen these back glass's pieced which in my opinion looks like Crapola!!. So I mentioned to the customer of a little trick to make the 2 piece line look better and he went for it.

What I did was for the top piece, in the middle and cut a bottom part of a chevy bowtie that was lower then the cut that went straight across while the bottom piece and I cut the top part of a bowtie that was higher then then the cut that went straight across and when I laid both peices on, I left the over lap so in the end it looked like a stripe with a bowtie in the middle. This took away from the cut line and in my opinion looked great and added a little of the custom touch. Customer was more the happy with the result. Just a though I wanted to share. :duck

nice. that is a good way of making seems look better on a non defroster back glass. the easiest way to one piece those BTW is to take the window out. I have a company pull those out for me in the morning, I tint it up and let it dry, then they come back in the late afternoon and put the window back in. it leaves an almost flawless job on usually a fully restore classic.

nice. that is a good way of making seems look better on a non defroster back glass. the easiest way to one piece those BTW is to take the window out. I have a company pull those out for me in the morning, I tint it up and let it dry, then they come back in the late afternoon and put the window back in. it leaves an almost flawless job on usually a fully restore classic.

:lol2 Thats the way we do it, but we pull the windows ourselves. :woowoo

Archived