All you good tinters -

Guest nysdeluxe

Guest nysdeluxe

First of all, I?d like to give a quick hello to all the tinters in here. I?ve been popping in and out of TD.com for the better part of two months, and I must say I?m impressed with everyone?s knowledge and expertise. There is nothing better than someone that takes pride in their work. :hmmm

Now I have a bit of a dilemma that I was hoping a few kind individuals might be able to help me with. I have a black 04 Honda Accord Ex V6 Coupe with black interior, and that baby is just dying for some tints. I think it?s time, and I?m definitely going the professional way. However, I don?t know if I should get a 32% or a 20% tint. I?m in the north Atlanta area, and the legal limit here in Georgia is 32%. Whatever I end up choosing, it?ll probably be the same shade all around.

Does anyone have any experience tinting this car and have any pictures that they could show me? I?m not looking to completely black out my windows, but I?m afraid 32% might be too light. My ideal tint would be dark enough to black out facial features etc, but light enough to still show a (slight) silhouette of the driver. Do any of you suppose that since the car has a black interior, the 32% might give me the effect I?m looking for and that the 20% might be too dark?

I know some of you will recommend the legal limit because of the obvious advantages, but I?m willing to try my luck with a 20% tint. A buddy of mine has 5% all around on his Maxima (and always has had illegal tint on his previous Maximas), and he has never had a problem. His tint shop will do the 20% tint with no questions (and surprisingly offers a full warranty), but I know they?ll do a half a$$ed job. :hmmm I don?t want to be in there every 2 weeks replacing tint because they wont felt the thing. This leads me to my next question ? can anyone recommend a shop in the Atlanta area and give me some guesstimates on the price I should be expecting for a quality job? I don?t want to be ripped off by your less honest brethren.

Now if you?ve got ?em, share ?em ? what does the Accord coupe look like with 20% and 32% ? :beer

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I'm in the GA,and I think 35% would look great on that car.With a black interior , the tint will apear to be darker than it really is . Good luck, and go legal

Guest tintguy7

His tint shop will do the 20% tint with no questions (and surprisingly offers a full warranty), but I know they?ll do a half a$$ed job.

This is exactly what's wrong with this unregulated industry. :beer

Go the legal 32% and it will be fine.

DWBA

I second what dev said!

Guest nysdeluxe

lol. I knew all you guys would be up in arms about the legality. but that aside, which percentage would give me what I'm looking for in terms of styling? I'm still weighing whether it's worth it to go illegal. (I just don't want to drop 3 bills on a tint that's barely there - my main concern is privacy).

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

No Lillie, I will not calm down. I'm on stress factor 9.754 right now. Read my 1st post here, I gave him a very clear response to all of his concerns. Not only that others chimed in and made their points as well. Legal,legal legal!!! I want to stay in this biz and keep this industry around. And I'll be dammed if we're gonna lose it cause some guy thought he was trying to look "cool" by breaking the rules.Yeah - I'm in one of those moods today-sumpin's gonna get fecked or kelld.

here 's your pic of a black interior car with legal tintingnewpuppy011.jpg:beer

I think thats plenty dark

No Lillie, I will not calm down. I'm on stress factor 9.754 right now. Read my 1st post here, I gave him a very clear response to all of his concerns. Not only that others chimed in and made their points as well. Legal,legal legal!!! I want to stay in this biz and keep this industry around. And I'll be dammed if we're gonna lose it cause some guy thought he was trying to look "cool" by breaking the rules.Yeah - I'm in one of those moods today-sumpin's gonna get fecked or kelld.

here 's your pic of a black interior car with legal tintingnewpuppy011.jpg:bat

I think thats plenty dark

:hmmm:beer:hmmm

Archived