Quarter windows made easy

Guest tintdawg

Guest tintdawg

Ever had problems with quarter glass because of the rubber being on the tight side. You know, we've all pinched a corner or got too much dirt from trying to get the film in. Well here's a trick I learned. Hope it helps you on those stubborn cars that dont want film on their quarter windows. :thumb

1st. Find yourself a stuborn car with a tight 1/4 window.

2nd. Get some wire cutters and some 16 gadge BLACK wire. post-10157-1151865517.jpg

3rd. Eyeball the top edge of the window and cut to fit. post-10157-1151865529.jpg

4th. Using a bone, push the wire up into the rubber, get it all in there, none of it showing. On the top edge only.post-10157-1151865570.jpg

Now you will be left with a big gap that the film can easly slide around in. :rollin

LEAVE WIRE IN, DO NOT REMOVE. Just leave the wire in there, someday a glass guy will say WTF when he finds it.

Hope that helps you out. This can be done pretty fast when you get the hang of it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintdawg
I honestly don't see the point of doing this.If it works for you,okay.

I used to give the guy who showed me this a hard time,a really hard time, untill I tried it. I only use it on cars with really tight rubbers. It works very well, and now I thank him for showing me this trick, It's saved me before. It's just one of those 'tricks'. :rollin

is it easy to get the wire out after applying the film?

Leave the wire in. You dont even know it's there.

Guest tintgod

do you push the wire in far enough to where you cant see it from the outside..?..just curious..

for me..by the time I do all that..I could have the panel off and the window out.. :rollin

Archived