Quarter windows made easy

Guest tintdawg

It wont work on Honda or Acura, or Mercedes, you'll see the wire from the outside. You can only use this good tip for equal edge tight quarters like VW's and others that don't have "no mans land" setups :nope

I'm sorry I have to disagree, I've been doing this on Mercedes for 6 years, and on the new Acura's since they came out, and by no means can you see the wire from the outside.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest outkast tinter

It wont work on Honda or Acura, or Mercedes, you'll see the wire from the outside. You can only use this good tip for equal edge tight quarters like VW's and others that don't have "no mans land" setups :nope

I'm sorry I have to disagree, I've been doing this on Mercedes for 6 years, and on the new Acura's since they came out, and by no means can you see the wire from the outside.

I'd like to see a mid install pic of what you're talking about Tom if it wouldn't be a problem :nope

It wont work on Honda or Acura, or Mercedes, you'll see the wire from the outside. You can only use this good tip for equal edge tight quarters like VW's and others that don't have "no mans land" setups :beer

I have to say that I tried this today on an 06 Jetta. The driver side seal was loosey goosey and the passenger side was super tight. So, I remembered this neat tip I got from the forum and shoved my wire in, prepped the glass and started to peel the liner when I heard that notorious click. Of course the whole thing shattered. Glass guy's in this town are idiots, and nobody had the glass. Finally found a guy with the glass, he worked on it for an hour before telling me to take it back to the dealer because he couldn't figure out how to get the divider out. So I tucked my tail under my legs and told the dealer I screwed up. The body guy ended up taking the entire skin off the door (yes the outside of the door, nothing on the interior) to replace it. So $200 and 4 hours later it is fixed. The only good thing out of this is that I got to tint the p.it.a quarter before it was installed.

I can see where this would work and is generally a good idea, but if those seals are that tight, just TRIM them. Or make the customer deal with the fact there is a millimeter of day light showing.

Archived