What to do???

Guest jtm999

Guest jtm999

Had some shiat happen today where a car came back because the tint didnt stick to the dot matrix on a Grand Prix, I did the whole glue thing this time and was carding the crap out of it and the tint ripped in a spot about the size of a dime when I hit the tint with the edge of my hard card. The customer didnt have time to wait so were doing it friday,I'm going to cut off the tint on the matrix and put a new piece of film there but should I glue that small a piece of film or do the other method I've heard about on here where you put the film on dry? Any advise? :beer

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

glue will probably work best in that situation. don't press so hard this time.If you do there is a chance that you will push out the glue and defeat the purpose of gluing. good luck.

Guest jtm999
if your having that hard of a time with the glue, keep practicing until you get it, you can always use black vinyl, till you get the glue.

yeah, I've just started using the Elmers glue and have only used it on a few cars and need more practice with it. :beer

Guest jtm999
What yr is the Grand Prix?

No matrix on Grand Prix..unless your referring to the black lines on the top portion :beer

2005 grand prix yes it has the thick black lines that Solar Gard doesnt stick to very well.

Guest jtm999
try sand paper, unless there is antenna wires up there, I cant remember.

it does have a antenna looking thing that you have to cut around on the top.Really dont want to sand in that area.

if your having that hard of a time with the glue, keep practicing until you get it, you can always use black vinyl, till you get the glue.

we dont stock vinyl but would consider getting some if it would look good with lighter tint. The car has Solar Gard HP charcoal 32%. Whats it look like with tint that light?

Archived