IS 250

Guest tintacar

Guest Oscar Tint

I just want to say thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread and any other threads on the IS250 :spit . Especially the one with the diagram to pull the door panel off :DD

After I've been talking about doing the car for 2 years on and off I finally got my first chance. And getting ready with a wealth of knowledge certainly makes life a hell of a lot easier .

It is not as bad as some people made it out to be if you are looking for the worst and yet I wouldn't take it so lightly either.

Put it this way, I prefer the BMW E46 or E90 or the new Camry anytime over the Lexus. But you can't always choose your car.

Even if you pull the door panels off you don't really have to take it out completely to make things easier. Just clips them along the bottom, that's what I always do when I find there are too many cables to get to behind it. With the Lexus, those panel clips are very strong.

With the power window switches the same, just let them hang off the panels without unclipping the cable. There are enough gap to get to the screw.

That way you don't have to reset the switches and worry about the door latch cables.

Just make sure don't close the doors (for the car that is :DD ), otherwise you could be in big trouble.

Cheers :evilgrin

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just want to say thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread and any other threads on the IS250 :lol2 . Especially the one with the diagram to pull the door panel off :klingon

After I've been talking about doing the car for 2 years on and off I finally got my first chance. And getting ready with a wealth of knowledge certainly makes life a hell of a lot easier .

It is not as bad as some people made it out to be if you are looking for the worst and yet I wouldn't take it so lightly either.

Put it this way, I prefer the BMW E46 or E90 or the new Camry anytime over the Lexus. But you can't always choose your car.

Even if you pull the door panels off you don't really have to take it out completely to make things easier. Just clips them along the bottom, that's what I always do when I find there are too many cables to get to behind it. With the Lexus, those panel clips are very strong.

With the power window switches the same, just let them hang off the panels without unclipping the cable. There are enough gap to get to the screw.

That way you don't have to reset the switches and worry about the door latch cables.

Just make sure don't close the doors (for the car that is :lol2 ), otherwise you could be in big trouble.

Cheers :lol2

You forgot to mention that you need to reset the auto feature on those windows once you unplug the switchs. Roll window up hold for 2 sec then down hold for 2secs repeat a few times to all windows. :lol2

Archived