Advertise Here

2006 Impala tint percentage

Guest Matt Phillips

Guest Matt Phillips

Hello everyone! I recently purchased a 2006 Chevy Impala LS and I wanted to know if my tint percentage ratio from the back to the front would be alright. For the back windows I am having done 5% limo tint. For the front windows I am having done 30%. Do you think this will look alright. Oh yeah and the color of my car is Silverstone Metallic. Thanks in advance!

Matt

Guest Matt Phillips
if thats legal where you are-fine, if not -still fine.where ya from Matt? :DD

I am from New Lenox, Illinois. It is legal to have the back windows tinted as dark as you want but it is illegal for any of the front windows to be tinted. Do you think the 5% rear and the 30% front windows will look alright side by side? I sure hope so seeing as this is my first car (I am 16 years old) and I am really going to take care of it. :beach

Matt

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

If they are of the same line of film, they will look fine side by side. however, some people on this forum will strongly suggest you stick with what is legal.

Guest Matt Phillips

The tint film the professional place is using is made by Sun-Gard. Also, I just wanted to make sure that they would go all the way up to the top of the window with the tint so it doesn't look stupid when I have the windows down and 1-1 1/2 inches of window isn't tinted. Knowing that this is a professional place I am pretty sure they will do it the right way.

Matt

Guest solarspot
The tint film the professional place is using is made by Sun-Gard. Also, I just wanted to make sure that they would go all the way up to the top of the window with the tint so it doesn't look stupid when I have the windows down and 1-1 1/2 inches of window isn't tinted. Knowing that this is a professional place I am pretty sure they will do it the right way.

Matt

:woowoo this is easy just pop the gasket out tint like normal

I would go legal on the fronts :spit

Guest Matt Phillips

I just contacted the place doing my tints and they said that there will be less than a 1/4" of space at the top of the window because if they went all the way to the top it would eventually peel downwards with the windows going up and down on a daily basis. Is this normal?

Matt

Guest jtm999
I just contacted the place doing my tints and they said that there will be less than a 1/4" of space at the top of the window because if they went all the way to the top it would eventually peel downwards with the windows going up and down on a daily basis. Is this normal?

Matt

yes

Archived