Whats your preference for splicing?

Guest Retro Tint

what size is the window? better be over 72" both ways :DD or be a specialty film. those are the only times a window should be seamed. IMO

:DD:lol6 (unless your a cheap azz ) :lol6

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this may be a silly question (but I don't know) ...does it get hotter in Austrailia in summer than it does in The southern US :lol6

Yes and for a lot longer period. Couple that to a severe drought that's being going on for 7 years and really close to the hole in the ozone layer in Antartica and basically a desert continent.

Film can't hold in there.

Devil

Devil

I know the interior gets really hot - but how hot do the coastal cities where most Aussies live get in the summer?

Devil

I know the interior gets really hot - but how hot do the coastal cities where most Aussies live get in the summer?

Easy to reach consistant 40's C Suntint.

Down south we don't get the humidity so much but anywhere from Sydney up...whew like opening an oven door.

And it's a heat that you can feel burn right through to the bones.

I remember a new car I bought once and the sun through the windscreen where it was parked was so hot I couldn't touch the electric window switches.

We have the worst cases of melanomas in the world too.

Summer time everyone who doesn't have a pool flocks to the beaches. Even into the wee hours of the morning they're still there. :beer

We do have some magnificient beaches though and some of my family live on the 90 mile beach. straight as a dye as far as you can see.

I'll send a photo this avo.

Cheers,

devil

Guest S and S

Ok I have NEVER had to do either one on resi or comm. I have done a SHIAT load of both and have NEVER had a window over 72".

Guest tintman AZ
Ok I have NEVER had to do either one on resi or comm. I have done a SHIAT load of both and have NEVER had a window over 72".

Actually I did one Fri. that was 81 x 123 high, and I would bet it was probably the 1st one since '96 or '97. But I would think we all would have done a few before 72" rolls saved the day.

Archived