2005 BMW 330i

Guest MidcoastMW

Guest MidcoastMW

Well its here.....my first BMW. Luckily the owner is pretty cool :lol2

I havent started on it yet (I have it untill tomarro) but I noticed it has side airbags, and the panles look intimidating.

Can anyone help me on pulling them safley?? I think tapeing the gasket back is out of the question on this car.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!! :lol2:beer

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1PEECBARETTA

If I'm not mistaken,plese bear in mind I do alt of bmw's-all years and they all blend in together and my memory is kinda fuzzy,it's just 2 screws.one in the door handle, the other towards the front of the car inside the air vent thingy. undo those and yank that sucker strate toward you.then gently pry the rub rail up and off. I hope this helps.

Guest MidcoastMW

Looks like the last one.

Heres some pix I just took (sorry for the blurryness but I just shrank the back glass so my hand was a lil dead from wavin the heat gun)

Bimmer001.jpg

Bimmer002.jpg

Bimmer003.jpg

I see the screws in the armrest.... those are the only ones? Also, do I really needto worry abt the airbag?

Thanx 1peace :beer

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

oh crap- sorry big, don't remember that one exactly.BUT, I think there is a screw behind the rearview mirror controls. give it a shot. If all else fails,keep pulling on it till somthing lets go, and glue it back on later. (just a joke folks,just a joke).

oh crap- sorry big, don't remember that one exactly.BUT, I think there is a screw behind the rearview mirror controls. give it a shot. If all else fails,keep pulling on it till somthing lets go, and glue it back on later. (just a joke folks,just a joke).

:beer Yeah, its just a BMW with a cool owner.

Guest MidcoastMW

well I dont think Ill get to the doors tonight..... its 85 degrees in my shop right now and I could really go for a :beer I may save this one for tomarro mornin.

Archived