2005 BMW 330i

Guest MidcoastMW

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well its here.....my first BMW. Luckily the owner is pretty cool :beer

I havent started on it yet (I have it untill tomarro) but I noticed it has side airbags, and the panles look intimidating.

Can anyone help me on pulling them safley?? I think tapeing the gasket back is out of the question on this car.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!! :lol2:lol2

hey, no need to pull panels. if I have to tuck the gaskets.......let em dry, maybe an hour.........roll em down ....gaskets pop right up. wipe em down.....then tell the custy ta wait 2-3 days ta roll em down. :lol2

this is what I do. :bat

front roll ups. overlap and hand cut the bottom edge...re-wet and raise the film an 1/8 in. ...tack down and cut the pattern. should lay just fine. :lol2

rear roll ups . same thing :beer I just cut the quarter edge an extra 1/4 in........no light gap. :lol2

good luck! :bat

Guest ninjatinter
top of the panels pop back. use a panel popper, go inbetween the panel and the gasket and pop it back. then the gaskets pull right out. :lol2

:beer

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

wowowo, do not tuck those gaskets!!! I can't stress that enuff. The whole reason to remove the gasket is because the felt on the side of the windows is rather wide and makes it difficult to do a panel on installation,am I right Midcoast?

wowowo, do not tuck those gaskets!!! I can't stress that enuff. The whole reason to remove the gasket is because the felt on the side of the windows is rather wide and makes it difficult to do a panel on installation,am I right Midcoast?

I dont know are you?

Guest MidcoastMW

Yea, I dont want to tuck them...they are wide, but u guys have to keep in mind I'm still an amatuer and tinting with the panels on is difficult for me to get a super clean install......

In other news Im beat!! That back glass whooped me, I think I just sweated off 10lbs!!! :beer

Im gonna go tinker with the rear panels now...

Guest MidcoastMW

well on the rear there are 3 torx screws.....2 under the armrest, and for the other you need to pop out the power window switch.

The whole panel is loose but its hung up along the top edge where the gasket is..... :dunno I dunno whats holding it???

EDIT**** Big Money is right, gotta pull that trim off for 2 more torx.

well on the rear there are 3 torx screws.....2 under the armrest, and for the other you need to pop out the power window switch.

The whole panel is loose but its hung up along the top edge where the gasket is..... :dunno I dunno whats holding it???

EDIT**** Big Money is right, gotta pull that trim off for 2 more torx.

Glad I was right for once, not in my house though. Like 1 piece, they all start running together in your mind after awhile. I know that the 325 I did a month ago, I had to pull that trim piece and screws in order to pull the top back, and was worried about breaking the wood grain on the one I had. On this car, it would not pull back far enough to pull the gaskets without it.

Archived