police

Guest Beeline

I scheduled a state trooper today has a suv wants 20 over the factory and I told him not to go darker than 30 on the fronts he was cool with that..I figure hes a cop do what he wants so he wont F with me...besides if he has tint he wont be as much of an ass on tinted vehicles.....most are not...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest glassguy

we tint the local cops and hp's cars here and they all get illegal tint on the patrol cars because and I quote "we are able to exceed the legal limits on patrol cars because of safety reasons"

that there my friends is a cup and a half full of bullshavick!!!!

but it pays good and they leave a brotha alone with 20% all the way around. (oops)

Guest tintdawg

I do Alot of law inforcement vehicles. They all say the same thing. I dont care how dark you tint cars, you generate revenue for the city. Tint away.

Guest glassguy

the thing is these are the cop cars not personnal cars.

the chief came down and insisted we exceed the legal limit on the patrol cars only not personnal ones.

whodathunk it?!

again we are only putting 50% on the fronts, but it is still ILLEGAL

Law enforcement vehicles are exempt from tint laws in our state.

I'm sure that doesn't mean their personal vehicles.

I asked a cop friend recently about his stand on tint laws in our state.

He said if it looks too dark, it gives him probable cause to pull them over,

it's not the tint their worried about, it's what they've got to hide......

Guest Texasrocker

Barney Fife is always lookin!!! Had a guy pull up to my shop the other day, after getting a ticket because his "rear rollups" were too dark. I looked, no-tint was installed over his rear rollups "factory shading" in his new Dodge mega-cab pickup!! If "Chrysler" is shading factory windows too-dark, we got a real-prob!!! Hell, he didnt even have any film on the front rollups, or the rear "fact clear" glass! No "tint" at all!! I suggested he "visit" the judge, and forward the ticket to Chrysler, or the dealership that sold him the truck!! Now, I think I have seen-it-all !! Go Barney!! TR

Guest tintdawg
Barney Fife is always lookin!!! Had a guy pull up to my shop the other day, after getting a ticket because his "rear rollups" were too dark. I looked, no-tint was installed over his rear rollups "factory shading" in his new Dodge mega-cab pickup!! If "Chrysler" is shading factory windows too-dark, we got a real-prob!!! Hell, he didnt even have any film on the front rollups, or the rear "fact clear" glass! No "tint" at all!! I suggested he "visit" the judge, and forward the ticket to Chrysler, or the dealership that sold him the truck!! Now, I think I have seen-it-all !! Go Barney!! TR

What a moron rookie cop.

Guest Texasrocker

We've got em out here in W Tx!! Those "rookies" need somethin to do, and they are "tryin" their best to deceive these simple new car owners!! It Sucks!! But they "ticket" anyone for anything they can! Gotta keep the "State Revenue" up somehow!! Put a "badge" on Goober, and see what happens!! Oh well, I own a "tintmeter", but theirs "rules" in the court-system sometimes. No wonder us Tinters get a bad-rap sometimes, just because they "say-so"! Pay-up "Chrysler Corp"!!?? TR

Archived