Advertise Here

ready for change from sngard

Ryker

Hey guys and gals.... I am ready to make a change. I have been using the PerformX slate for almost 7 years and have been gritting my teeth for the last 4 or so. Had a research and development roll to test out and loved it. It was more like what I had known back before the last 4 or so and now I am told that the film I have been getting since Feb has been the new product...nothing like the r&d roll...same complaints that I have had and now the 5% is not shrinking right either......

I need to get opinions on what will shink better but still be close to the slate in looks. Looking at the ATR charcoal from Llumar.

Throw in your 2 cents please.....

thanks

:bingo

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't slam either brand..I'll just tell you that I switched from the first brand and type that you mentioned to the second brand and type you mentioned and have never regreted my choice since for my own reasons :bingo

Guest solarspot
Hey guys and gals.... I am ready to make a change. I have been using the PerformX slate for almost 7 years and have been gritting my teeth for the last 4 or so. Had a research and development roll to test out and loved it. It was more like what I had known back before the last 4 or so and now I am told that the film I have been getting since Feb has been the new product...nothing like the r&d roll...same complaints that I have had and now the 5% is not shrinking right either......

I need to get opinions on what will shink better but still be close to the slate in looks. Looking at the ATR charcoal from Llumar.

Throw in your 2 cents please.....

thanks

:bingo

never used sngrd only atr shrinks very well good color very nice film

BUT bring your wallet and dump it all out and then shake it real good

but price aside it is awsome film easy to work with

just my humble 2 cents

wait for some of the others to chime in with alot more experience than me :nope

as I said in my post I have had the new stuff for the last 6 months.....had the R&D film for the "new stuff" and loved it. The actual production that I have been getting is not the same as the R&D was.

I am a very precise person and have been in contact with Danny Desanto over my issues all along. I have just dealt with the issues long enough.

I am having issues with the film wanting to curl up toward the adhesive with liner removed. At first was told it was me then told oh yeah everyone was having that issue...... now the 5% slate it literally melting on the edge. This started in the last 4 months. I have been using the same film for the last 7 years and loved it for the first 2 maybe 3.....

so anyway....

llumarstar is about 20% higher than my current film when comparing the 5% films for slate and ATR. The price difference is not that big of a deal.

I think I am going to try the llumar ATR or AT...now it is a matter of rather to go for the metal and higher heat rejection or the non-metal and less radio signal trouble.....either way lifetime warranty and color stable guarantee....

Will I like the AT when I have been shrinking the slate which is a metalized film??????

Archived