First try at tinting

Guest drupason

Guest drupason

Alright, I'm giving it my first shot at tinting my windows this weekend! I've been studying everything and been trying to soak in as much info as I can for the past month now I just need the practice! Here is what I've collected so far. Let me know if I'm missing anything of if there is anything that you use that might make the job easier!

Stainless steel razor blades, Olfa knife, multi-purpose sprayer, spray bottles, fabric softener sheets, heat gun, gloves for heat shrinking, regular squeegy, tube squeegy, 3m blue hard card, pink Lil' chizzler, blue max, scotchbrite sponges, metal ruler, tape mesurer, joy liquid soap, window cleaner, shop towels, flannel finishing cloths, masking tape, work light, roll of tint!

Missing anything? Thanks Ive read a lot off this website and it has been very helpful and look forward to contributing!

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

so you r just going to go off what you've heard in this forum? ever think of an apprentiship...thats the way I learned, so much easier to get the techniques when you watch someone. maybe take the car your going to tint this weekend to a profesional and just say you dont have a ride and watch him do it. at least you have a whole roll of tint to try with :lol6 keep on tintin' :hump

so you r just going to go off what you've heard in this forum? ever think of an apprentiship...thats the way I learned, so much easier to get the techniques when you watch someone. maybe take the car your going to tint this weekend to a profesional and just say you dont have a ride and watch him do it. at least you have a whole roll of tint to try with :spit keep on tintin' :beer

This may be very good advice, and it may not.........If you have a knack, and you load up on knowledge here, you may find your own way with practice and introduce the next "new method" that shocks the world! :):duck:)

Archived