Felt under your tint? Worry no more...

Guest blake27

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

im intrigued by the hair spray...I must know more. right now the thought of spraying sticky liquid all over where I have to tint confuses me

...it buuurnsssss us masters :lol6

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
exact-oh, ur a noob. its simply not safe to blast water under high pressure into a customers car. u will more than likely blast more dirt under the pattern than you remove. trust me, I've tinted over 10,000 cars... :krazy but I wont tell nobody that u attempted that.. shhhhhhhhh

using a heat gun is just not as effective as using a propane torch set on medium. if you do it right, it works extremely well. I have found no cleaner method other than totally removing the felt liner. dont knock it before you try it. it all comes down to how confident you are... if you dont have steady hands and a reasonable amount of good judgement, then don't try it. there is nothing unsafe about it, unless ur a psycho tinter with delusions of tint grandeur. haaaaaaa

thems was jokes exact-oh. 100 psi nxcr tanks are cool to use too :lol6

very funny sir-tints-a-not

it burnnzzzz

word!

With 17 years experience, I don't consider myself a newby, and I don't consider the 50 psi slip solution from a cornelious tank unsafe to spray inside the customer's car... yes, I do protect the dash with a moving blanket when installing a sunstrip, but not once have I damaged a window motor, or defroster line with 50 psi H2O.

Guest Tintim

Hey Exact-oh :lol6

Wait until one of his trainees,confident and cocky, burns a headlining, or melts a plastic moulding. Only use a heat gun on a medium setting, if you're good you don't need to do anything but flush. Practice practice and more practice :krazy

:lol6

im intrigued by the hair spray...I must know more. right now the thought of spraying sticky liquid all over where I have to tint confuses me

...it buuurnsssss us masters :thumb

you roll the window down, and spray the felt door edge guides, give it 5 minutes and its dry. :wall then it holds the fuzzies with out tape or melting them, and over time it will fuzz back up as the hairspray fades.

Guest zolar
The high pressure of the cornelious tank does the same thing, without marring anything. I even use the pressure method after an install... if I notice that there is a felt hair, or easier yet, a dog hair, underneath my completely applied film, I just peel it back to that location, blast it with the pressure sprayer, and contamination problems solved.

Exact-Ly :wall

blue painters tape too :thumb

Guest blake28
Hey Exact-oh :lol

Wait until one of his trainees,confident and cocky, burns a headlining, or melts a plastic moulding. Only use a heat gun on a medium setting, if you're good you don't need to do anything but flush. Practice practice and more practice :lol

:lol6

Tintim,

You need to try it first. Just because your scared and unsteady doesn't mean that everyone is just like you. My shop has used a torch hundreds of times. It is extremely effective and it doesn't hurt a thing. I guess some people are just like you, scared to try new things. Hell, you probably already tried and your just mad cuz you didn't think of it. It's awesome if you try it. Sorry you have low self confidence. :rollin

Guest Tintim

Blake28,

Maybe it does work - why would I need to try it when I don't have any trouble with felt infestations?

I'm trying to make my life easier and take steps out of the installation process whilst maintaining a perfect install. Don't use hairspray or tape either and I'm sure they work.

Does that mean I scared too?

I think your the scared one as you feel you have to go through the exact same routine to avoid contamination - you don't trust yourself or others. If you did you be looking at ways to cut down the amount of steps you take from start to finish - thereby allowing you to become more efficent and do more cars.

If someone can get the exact same result as you or better, using less tools and time, why would you not want to listen to what they're saying? Thats why I'm here - somethings crack me up.

Can just see our Bentley dealership chuffed to bits at me taking a blowtorch to an arnage :beer and they have deep felt seals.

Only trying to help - its what the boards about :lol6

Guest nautiboi73

Blake is 3 post into the site and already seem a bit..... arrogant, and stubborn.

Tintim, don?t waste your energy typing to those that can?t read. IMO

Y talk to someone who doesn?t listen??.. your not married are u :lol

Guest blake28
Hey Exact-oh :nope

Wait until one of his trainees,confident and cocky, burns a headlining, or melts a plastic moulding. Only use a heat gun on a medium setting, if you're good you don't need to do anything but flush. Practice practice and more practice :lol

:?

you "singe" the fibers with the door open you goof. there is no way to burn the head liner. I throw you in the class of the not-so-brites.... :spit

Guest solarspot

Hey Exact-oh :lol

:spit

you "singe" the fibers with the door open you goof. there is no way to burn the head liner. I throw you in the class of the not-so-brites.... :nope

WOW what a way to start off on this board :p1ss :?

Archived