Felt under your tint? Worry no more...

Guest blake27

Guest blake28
Blake is 3 post into the site and already seem a bit..... arrogant, and stubborn.

Tintim, don?t waste your energy typing to those that can?t read. IMO

Y talk to someone who doesn?t listen??.. your not married are u :?

im not stubborn nautiboi. didnt mean to offend anyone. much respect to you guys :lol

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blake28
Blake28,

Maybe it does work - why would I need to try it when I don't have any trouble with felt infestations?

I'm trying to make my life easier and take steps out of the installation process whilst maintaining a perfect install. Don't use hairspray or tape either and I'm sure they work.

Does that mean I scared too?

I think your the scared one as you feel you have to go through the exact same routine to avoid contamination - you don't trust yourself or others. If you did you be looking at ways to cut down the amount of steps you take from start to finish - thereby allowing you to become more efficent and do more cars.

If someone can get the exact same result as you or better, using less tools and time, why would you not want to listen to what they're saying? Thats why I'm here - somethings crack me up.

Can just see our Bentley dealership chuffed to bits at me taking a blowtorch to an arnage :spit and they have deep felt seals.

Only trying to help - its what the boards about :lol

well said tintim. thnx very much for comment. very courteous and respectful. I value that. you are correct, "singeing" felt fibers is not for every car, especially new ones. I mostly use on fords and some gereral motors. you know, the trouble cars. just to let you know, I don't use a heat gun to shrink tint either. I use a propane torch 99% of the time. it takes a ton of practice, but when you get it down, you can shrink tint (especially huper) extremely fast. I just like to do things different that's all. didnt mean to offend anyone. you just have to get used to my sense-of-humor. cheers to all. hope you have a good :?

Guest outkast tinter

I like watching guys wreck tint and cars with map gas torches, the look on their faces is priceless when they see what they've done!

Guest blake28
I like watching guys wreck tint and cars with map gas torches, the look on their faces is priceless when they see what they've done!

Outkast,

I didn't say map gas. map gas is too hot. I said propane gas. pay attention... :rollin

Guest Tintim

Nautiboi73,

Very perceptive, I'm not married officially, but 17 years and 2 kids later :lol2 - I get your drift :finger:

:finger:

Blake 28 like your last post you are starting to see sense. Just chill, remember everone has different experience. You do surprise me you have done 10,000 cars me I've worked on just over 4000. How can you have done 10,000 cars and not developed a sense that you could be wrong sometimes? Your not related to Bush or Blair? :thumb it's a joke!

We use to singe felt with heat guns years ago - but then you find some bright spark decides that he can singe off overhanging hair on a roof lining in a saloon car where the trim is close to the rear glass. Gets away with it a few times - then one time he does not, burns roof lining on new car - megabucks and pissed off dealership. Dealership did not realise what was involved in window tinting - how hard did we have to work to get that one back. This is how roof linings get burnt :beer

As for rear screen shrinking, if you use too much heat you can cause the film to fail prematurely. It might be two, three or five years later but I've seen it and getting that glue off is tough when you have to re-tint glass.

If someones had it happen to them, it could happen to you, live and learn dude

:lol2

Guest outkast tinter

Outkast,

I didn't say map gas. map gas is too hot. I said propane gas. pay attention... :rollin

I haven't seen you typ the word propane in this whole thread, and I wasn't specifically talking about you in my comment. Maybe you can't afford to pay attention??

Guest blake28
Nautiboi73,

Very perceptive, I'm not married officially, but 17 years and 2 kids later :lol2 - I get your drift :rollin

:lol6

Blake 28 like your last post you are starting to see sense. Just chill, remember everone has different experience. You do surprise me you have done 10,000 cars me I've worked on just over 4000. How can you have done 10,000 cars and not developed a sense that you could be wrong sometimes? Your not related to Bush or Blair? :lol6 it's a joke!

We use to singe felt with heat guns years ago - but then you find some bright spark decides that he can singe off overhanging hair on a roof lining in a saloon car where the trim is close to the rear glass. Gets away with it a few times - then one time he does not, burns roof lining on new car - megabucks and pissed off dealership. Dealership did not realise what was involved in window tinting - how hard did we have to work to get that one back. This is how roof linings get burnt :lol6

As for rear screen shrinking, if you use too much heat you can cause the film to fail prematurely. It might be two, three or five years later but I've seen it and getting that glue off is tough when you have to re-tint glass.

If someones had it happen to them, it could happen to you, live and learn dude

:lol2

thanx for the input and opinion. you guys are awesome

Dudes or dudets whatever the blake twins are.

Don't come on here calling people goof's, and not even put in the location you are posting from.

The method you are refering to has been around since before tape was even thought up. It's nothing new.

Blake27 If I do my math correct your comment about doing 10,000 cars to me seems far fetched.

10000 divided by 8 equals 1250. 1250 divided by 365 equals 3.42

So your saying that you have tinted 3.42 cars per day 365 days per year for eight years now. That is no vacation, no sick, no down time due to economy, weather, no shows, and no days off. :? You must be counting driver and passenger windows and your redos as full cars. :heh

But :? to the board

Guest a1wintinter

I use the torch all the time and I find it very fast and efficient. For a rear deck or rear side panels a heat gun works just fine. I also use the torch to shrink doors and sometimes a back glass. Its very very difficult and would not reccomend it! :?

Archived