I have a question

Guest S and S

Guest S and S

I was watching TV last night and a commercial for Pella windows. They were talking about there new windows that are TRIPLE paned. Has anyone heard of this? I would like more info on this b ecasue this could impact future installs.

Guest autotinter

we dont have many pella windows up here, but im sure the other window manufactures will soon have the same thing, thanks for the heads up S and S

I was watching TV last night and a commercial for Pella windows. They were talking about there new windows that are TRIPLE paned. Has anyone heard of this? I would like more info on this b ecasue this could impact future installs.

ive done a few "mansions" here in our area, thank god the installs where no more than 50% type film, but yea, thick mofo if you ask me. I dont have any pics though :duck

I would assume it is the new glass from Southwall. I remember reading about this at the beginning of the year.

Thick unit rejecting a fair amount of heat and UV. From what I have heard, the most insulating glass out there.

With that, I bet the price tag is lined in velvet

Triple pane glass is more common up north as the insulation value is much better than standard duel pane. I have never come across a triple pane glass yet, as even up here, they are very rare. Nothing to worry about, don't think they'll ever become mainstream due to the production problems and keep three panes of glass sealed. If by chance you do come across one, stay away unless you go light and reflective...

Guest Al-tint
Triple pane glass is more common up north as the insulation value is much better than standard duel pane. I have never come across a triple pane glass yet, as even up here, they are very rare. Nothing to worry about, don't think they'll ever become mainstream due to the production problems and keep three panes of glass sealed. If by chance you do come across one, stay away unless you go light and reflective...

:beer

Here in Canada triple pain glass has been out since the early 80's. They were pushing what they called an R2000 home. Triple glass and foot thick walls. ( 2 - 2x6's ) The house I was looking at building was specked for them, but they were just too expensive.

At today's costs, I would not lose sleep over it.

Guest pmuzik

have not run across any yet but it looks like the outer panels are a sealed dual pane and the inner panel is removable and has a gasket. here is a link to some sections of the windows on pellas site, looking at the drawings it does not look to me like they are true sealed triple pane units though.

http://www.pellacommercial.com/specifications/default.asp

Guest vclimber

I know of one very large building in NY that has triple pane throughout. They use it to reduce the noise as much as they do for energy impact. I've seen a few houses here and there but I doubt it will be common.

Archived