07 Rabbit 2.5

Guest Al-tint

doing one today for the first time and it's really p1ss1ng me off...... I had to walk away from it.....had a gazillion fingers on the sides, probably from the electrical connections( thanks whoever that was), fixing to go try again, tempted to do a two piece hidden seam, but I'll try one more time. It reminds me of those old civic 2 door wagon deals, y'all remember the one.....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest naughtydog
doing one today for the first time and it's really p1ss1ng me off...... I had to walk away from it.....had a gazillion fingers on the sides, probably from the electrical connections( thanks whoever that was), fixing to go try again, tempted to do a two piece hidden seam, but I'll try one more time. It reminds me of those old civic 2 door wagon deals, y'all remember the one.....

There a challenge alright...

Guest tintmaster707

I had problems doing this window in 1 peice as well and I have been tinting for 12 years and do beetles in one piece. It doesn't appear to be very hard but the bottom corners are nasty. I had to put releaf cuts in both bottom corners. I was using formula one pinnacle however which doesn't like to shrink as well as llumar on the 3 I have done so far.

Guest Oscar Tint
just do a horizontal tack. Then , shrink from side to side a little at a time and work it to the edge. When you get to the corners , try not to fight it and srink the fingers vertically , instead ,shrink them at a 45 degree angle. From the center to the corners. this will help your shrinking tecnique on all rear windows.

Bingo :tantrum

In down under we refer this model as VW Polo. They are very similar to the Golf's back glass in difficulty. I always do them in one piece. The demister lines are way too thin to do them in 2 pieces making the cut line too obvious, and they are criss crossing each other so real possibility in cutting through them. :thumb

Anyone that can do a bug in 1 piece will have no problem attacking the rabbit. Although I would rather do the bug in 2 pieces for the sake of saving time :krazy

Guest wilcax

did one of these today in cs 20!!!! holy crap it takes a long time for that back window. its saturday and last appointment. dropped it off at 12 picked up at 5. cs 20 on the rear 3 and huper acht on the doors. GTI model but basically a rabbit. didnt know what I was getting into when he called asking if I could do it today. he said two door gti, so I thought cool no problem easy car (but I was thinking of the old style based on the golf) bring it on down. then he chooses 3m and huper. pull it in, last car, and get started on the doors while the other installer gets started on the qtrs. I finish one door and he starts the rear window, calls me over and says look at this, burt two upper corners. so I say anchor it a little higher and then shrink top first, calls me back and bottom is burnt. by this time im done with both doors, so I tell him wet shrink it, burnt first corner he tried. so im like shiat let me try it. go on to dry shrink anchored only horizontally and burn the last corner. what worked was to do an H anchor dry shrink with a glove. anchored into the clear glass on the sides and let little fingers pop up once installed they easily push down. so n e ways this one goes on my shiat list of cars I do not want to do on a saturday as the last car of the day

when I do these in llullu its pretty straight forward, no problem just carefull on the bottom and be careful about not burning the plastics on top. as far as CS goes, I leave a couple fingers on the side and just heat them down inside. I do that for all windows that I know are problem shrinks.

Archived