ready for the water

Guest Beeline

So true about the pain in the rump.

Years ago I tinted my brothers boat the night before we were leaving for lake Havasu.

It was an open bow and he wanted the two sides with the huge curves tinted along with the split window in the middle. He didn't have a heatgun because he only does flat glass.

So there I was with a blow torch VK-70 film and all the Corona I could drink. I was up tinting and drinking until about 3 am.

When we got to the river later that morning the film wasn't even dry. I watched him peeling off the film before he even left the boat launch area. He said that there was to much glare and couldn't see through the glass. :lol6

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

boat looks great :lol6 I've done a boat similiar to the one your talking about protint, why both with just 70 though...I think I used 20. wasnt as hard as I thought with those curved sides, came out pretty good as I remember too

It was the first time I had ever worked with Solis. He picked it because of the high VLT I think. After he told me how much he was paying for Solis I made sure everything went in the first time.

V-Kool/Solis shrinks like no other film I have ever worked with. It was wierd at first especially with a blow torch (which was my first time) but once I got the hang of it it wasn't to bad. Definently not meant for really curved rear windows though.

Archived