Sore hands and Chapped Lips

Guest SSC

I call myself a newbie installer. I've sort of been tinting since '04 when the business was started. I can't tell you when I made the transition from a window or two here and there to doing a whole car. When I started, my husband was always there, he would often pull a panel for me, a window here and there, or card a defroster line, or, you know... we'd tag-team it. Now I'm doing the whole thing /all/ by myself.

For two months now I've been tinting full time, prior to that my husband was the tinter and I did the shop thing when I wasn't at my "real job." Then I quit my job to be at the shop full time. Too much stress to be thinking about my business when working at someone else's. The shop needed more of my time than my employer would like, so I left.

So there's things you don't notice when you're not tinting full time:

I get chapped lips in the winter time, and wouldn't think much of it in the winter... but they've been chapped for the past month and they're never chapped in the summer. I'm thinking it's mist from sueegie-ing. No, I don't squeegie with my lips but there's a lot of moisture in the air, yeah? Any thoughts? This happen to anyone else? Am I a freak?

Oh and when I have a marathon day -- like yesterday's 15-hours of non-stop tinting -- my hands are KILLING me. Reading darkdan's post about hand-strength forums got me thinking... If I had time to squeeze a stress ball, maybe I would.

My arms are getting buff, though.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MidcoastMW

I hear ya!! Ive never tinted more than one car in one day, but my hands and arms take a toll!! Mostly from squeeging the pizz out of the back glass and bending my body in ways it shouldnt to get the hard to reach areas. :beer

I lick my squeegee, no problems

I thought I was the only one that did that :finger:

My hands hurt a lot, Carpal Tunnel sucks! I wear an arm/hand brace a lot when I am not tinting. I got it at our local dr*g store (CVS). As for my lips, no can't say that I have that problem :finger:

Guest nautiboi73

u don't test your heat gun with your lips do you?

and I thought that dryness make chap lips not misting :woowoo

and is your butt tigher from the squatting? MINE IS :finger:

lick it , gross, yall nasty. :finger:

My hands hurt a lot, Carpal Tunnel sucks! I wear an arm/hand brace a lot when I am not tinting. I got it at our local dr*g store (CVS). As for my lips, no can't say that I have that problem :woowoo

Lately I have been having problems with my right wrist hurting all the time{I,m right handed by the way} Any time I put pressure on it when its in any other position that straight it hurts like a mutha! :finger:

Guest tintjob@yahoo

My hands hurt a lot, Carpal Tunnel sucks! I wear an arm/hand brace a lot when I am not tinting. I got it at our local dr*g store (CVS). As for my lips, no can't say that I have that problem :finger:

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT........... never had the lip problem, huh......... :woowoo

Archived