Blamed for damaged car!

Guest Tintim

Hey Tintboy,

Touched a nerve did I, :thumb FTI make tinted 12mil only for Pentagon yes on their request - clear has been wideley available for some time. From your previous posts you sounded like a bit of a nob hence the reference to the five door beetle - I must confess I was expecting you to come back with " yeah they're easy" maybe you aint such a nob.

Not a nob. But what an ego dude - typical tinter. How do you know I don't own this branch? how do you know what Royalty I pay? The scottish branches of Pentagon were not closing down - they were closed down by the head office.I.e. Franchises taken off them. I can say no more!

Dealers have always used good non franchised tint companies, some Pentagon Franchises were formerly independent. Its the consistent quality thats important. With Pentagon you get national coverage, Supaglass is VW/Audi Approved, Landrover Approved, Mercdedes Benz UK approved and the list is growing. This is the appeal of Pentagon - consistent work from the dealerships. Pentagon do all this work at OEM level so I don't have to.

As for car dealerships they are looking to make money on accessories, as there is little profit in the cars, might be why we are so busy at present - but who knows it may not last. Dealerships want to make money if they sell tint there has to be something in it for them - otherwise you'll get 1 job every 3 months when a customer asks for it.

Most of the techniques foir tinting in the UK were developed by Pentagon (via OZ) when they started 16 years ago, its just you may have learned it from someone else. Prior to that people were ripping windows out of cars for a clean install, some still do.

ANd you can't seriously tell me you would use 12mil if Pentagon had not been routinely using it. Why would you arbitrarily pick 12mil? You'd use 4, 7 or 10 they are much easier to fit. Other wise why not go one better and fit 14. Pentagon did a lot of R&D with FTI in america on the tinted version of this film,break strength, how to fit on curved windows. Thats how I can make such a whopping claim .. tell me there's no truth in it!

Lastly if you're gonna be a success in life never presume, everyone can be wrong sometimes, I'm always learning. Take a chill pill. :wall

You big "I own my own company!" look at meeee. Sorry I couldne resist :lol:wall

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Tints

Tintim,

You kicked it all off with the if it wasn't for us bla bla bla :lol6 you wouldn't be this or that or the next thing and quite alot of contradictions in there as well, as for the ego I didn't realize I had one but now I know, bit like yourselves at the big P

As for how do I know what yous pay royalties, vat, because I was actually looking to buy into the franchise but was basically treated as if I was a "daft wee boy" but dont really want to go down this route for certain reasons, but looking back I treat is a blessing in disguise :lol

Why do I fit 12 mil instead of the rest probably for the same reasons as yourselves, dont think because yous use it everyone just follows suit

Anyway this could go on forever and you have got the wrong end of the stick with me as I am a nice guy as "some" of your guys up here will tell you

Cheers :rollin

Davie

Guest Tintim

Hey Tintboy,

No worries I'm sure your a nice guy, we've never spoken on here before and the knives are out for Pentagon with other tint companies. I here if often from customers. There's no shortage of s**t work about -had a Cayenne in Saturday done by Porsche Silverstone - their demo.

Customer paid ?88000 for car, drivers window was peeling,NSR drop had most contamination I have every seen in a window :lol6. Up shot is customer really pissed off wants us to write a report on tint job so he can get job done and paid for properly! What do u do :rollin

ref Royalities maybe you should speak to Pentagon again Royalties have changed.

:lol

Guest Diamond Tints

Tintim,

I would never knock the work out of pent'n because they are good no questions about it but they charge for it!

As for the poor tint on the cayenne well if its a crap job do the report as the company doesn't deserve to be doing high end stuff, as I treat all cars as how I would like my own car to be done but thing is up here in glasgow just now there are companies if you can call them that :lol2 that are tinting full jeeps x5's etc( any car at all) for ?100 no joke!! but the thing is people think tints tint and thats it and dont realize about different standards, Good thing is though all my customers have tried these places and end up coming back to me :lol6

As for approaching pent'n again I have approached them about 3-4 times to no avail, so have given up!!!

Cheers

Davie

Ps my cars plate is T1NTB hence "tintboy" lol :lol:lol2

No hard feelings

:lol:rollin:lol

Guest walestint
Tintim,

I would never knock the work out of pent'n because they are good no questions about it but they charge for it!

As for the poor tint on the cayenne well if its a crap job do the report as the company doesn't deserve to be doing high end stuff, as I treat all cars as how I would like my own car to be done but thing is up here in glasgow just now there are companies if you can call them that :rollin that are tinting full jeeps x5's etc( any car at all) for ?100 no joke!! but the thing is people think tints tint and thats it and dont realize about different standards, Good thing is though all my customers have tried these places and end up coming back to me :lol6

As for approaching pent'n again I have approached them about 3-4 times to no avail, so have given up!!!

Cheers

Davie

Ps my cars plate is T1NTB hence "tintboy" lol :lol2:lol2

No hard feelings

:lol6:lol2:lol2

:lol6

Blamed for a damaged car? Tell them you didnt do it.

How about yesterday... Went to the local toyota stealership to do a door glass for there bodyshop. There shuttle bus scraped my truck, which I just had a new bumper cover

installed less than 1 month ago. The driver admitted he did it. the body shop manager saw it

happen.

What sucks is, No-one ever offered to fix my car, they never said another word, handed me my PO, and pretended it never happened. So now my tail lite and bumper cover is scraped up.

Fugg all the stealers :shock

:dunno

Blamed for a damaged car? Tell them you didnt do it.

How about yesterday... Went to the local toyota stealership to do a door glass for there bodyshop. There shuttle bus scraped my truck, which I just had a new bumper cover

installed less than 1 month ago. The driver admitted he did it. the body shop manager saw it

happen.

What sucks is, No-one ever offered to fix my car, they never said another word, handed me my PO, and pretended it never happened. So now my tail lite and bumper cover is scraped up.

Fugg all the stealers :lol2

:lol2 Time to go off on some SOB! :lol:beer

Archived