Ray ban tint vs medico onyx, anyone heard of rayban metallic? Recommed

Guest topwriter2

Guest topwriter2

Never had a car tinted before, a tinter is offering me ray ban metallic tint, or a cheaper dyed medico tint. My car's radio antenna is in the back windscreen, will the ray ban metallic tint affect the radio reception? A google search on rayban tint led me here, but noone else seems to have it.

The local tinters seem to carry only 2 types of the same brand, a cheaper dyed tint and a more expensive metallic/titanium tint. Also looked at a guy who uses solarguard. I would like something in 35-40% that is

less reflective

does not fade, and lasts a long time

doesn't interfere with radio reception-very important

About how much should I look to pay for a 4 door car, and a 2 door sports car, both easy jobs (I was told)? Some say metal will interfere with radio, some say it doesnt. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Also, the 2 tinters I went to said that they would go halfway into the matrix dots on the rear windscreen, any good, lassting solution to this?

Ran ban and Madico from another part of the world.

Back in the early 90's, Madico made a metal film called Autolux which had a colour hue to it that was marketed as being a film that didn't change your perception of colours when you looked through it similar to that found in Rayban sunglasses.

Here's the kicker....everyone started going crazy for this "Rayban" film that revolutionised what was on offer in our industry at the time but like all good things, the crazies started inferring it was associated with Baush and Lomb... makers of Rayban glasses.

Madico quickly pulled any inferred association between the 2 companies and the Rayban term was killed never to be seen again.

I have both brochures from the time. The original and the modded!

I wonder if it will be a collectors' item?

It is no longer available and was replaced by Madico's Onyx in the late 90's that is why you can't get it anymore.

:lol6

Devil

Guest tintdawg

Back in the early 90's, Madico made a metal film called Autolux which had a colour hue to it that was marketed as being a film that didn't change your perception of colours when you looked through it similar to that found in Rayban sunglasses.

Here's the kicker....everyone started going crazy for this "Rayban" film that revolutionised what was on offer in our industry at the time but like all good things, the crazies started inferring it was associated with Baush and Lomb... makers of Rayban glasses.

Madico quickly pulled any inferred association between the 2 companies and the Rayban term was killed never to be seen again.

It is no longer available and was replaced by Madico's Onyx in the late 90's that is why you can't get it anymore.

Devil

I was just talking about that. Good info.

Guest topwriter2

Devil

thank you, very informative. The tint place I went to has a sample glass with madico charcoal, onyx, and rayban. He said the rayban was metallic, and more expensive. Does madico make a metallic tint? I need something that doens't fade, but at this point I am looking at madico charcoal.

Guest topwriter2

Devil

thank you, very informative. The tint place I went to has a sample glass with madico charcoal, onyx, and rayban. He said the rayban was metallic, and more expensive.

At this point I am looking at madico charcoal because of my radio. How long will it last before it fades. I don't mind minor fading, but will it turn purple? It's not charcool, it's charcoal.

[ The tint place I went to has a sample glass with madico charcoal, onyx, and rayban. He said the rayban was metallic, and more expensive. Does madico make a metallic tint? I need something that doens't fade, but at this point I am looking at madico charcoal.

I tried to make the original post as accurate as possible stating the facts....if the tinter is still saying it's Rayban then it exists in his imagination. :dunno

Current Madico metalised films are Onyx and Charcool is non metal.

Devil

I am sorry to admit that I jumped on the Autolux wagon then shortly after I was on the Granite wagon. :)

Fell off both of those wagons about two years after I got on. :duck

I remember when Autolux first came out, if you bought 5 rolls you got a free pair of ray ban sunglasses.

I am sorry to admit that I jumped on the Autolux wagon then shortly after I was on the Granite wagon. :spit

Fell off both of those wagons about two years after I got on. :beer

I remember when Autolux first came out, if you bought 5 rolls you got a free pair of ray ban sunglasses.

I'd forgotten about the sunglass offer Pro.

We were never privy to that promotion as the leaflets in the boxes were taken out by the distributor before we got them.

The NS Granite came later after AL blazed the way and there was no specific brochure made for the NS series downunder.

We are having the "Metal Edge" series released next month to us and 3 of us are being flown up to Sydney for the launch for the day.

Pissup day with film thrown in. :)

Devil :duck

Archived