Tinting in high condensation areas

Guest walestint

Guest walestint

Hi folks

Anyone know of any possible problems with condensation in swimming pool area for tint (not in the pool before anyone starts!) on the glass?

just a question from possible customer

many cheers in anticipation :)

Guest filmpeople

We have recently done 6 poolside applications at different YMCA's and a several other fitness clubs.

Never had a problem.

Condensation is not your issue. It's the kids who stick their fingers behind the film to peel it. :wall

It makes for a good return job though. :wall

Guest darkdan

I'd be best to use a water activated adhensive film instead of pressure sensitive.

The heat and extreme humidity aren't good on PS films.

I'd be best to use a water activated adhensive film instead of pressure sensitive.

Well I'm at odds with you guys.

I'd use nothing but PS because as you can observe in this photo of a swimming pool room I had to do, the glass was dripping wet.

Add to that the chemicals had made all the bottoms of the windows green where the moisture collected. :lol2

That's my handiwork on the glass emphasising the amount of moisture in the room and the need for certain films.

It's been on for about 4 years now and not a problem but I did make sure that my glazier followed in behind a few days later to put a very heavy silicone seal all around it....it's called insurance!

Devil

pooltintinglz9.jpg

Guest walestint
Hi folks

Anyone know of any possible problems with condensation in swimming pool area for tint (not in the pool before anyone starts!) on the glass?

just a question from possible customer

many cheers in anticipation :lol2

thanks for that folks, I knew it was better to post on here rather than call my distributor!

Guest Dudtinter

Well I'm at odds with you guys.

I'd use nothing but PS because as you can observe in this photo of a swimming pool room I had to do, the glass was dripping wet.

Add to that the chemicals had made all the bottoms of the windows green where the moisture collected. :thumb

That's my handiwork on the glass emphasising the amount of moisture in the room and the need for certain films.

It's been on for about 4 years now and not a problem but I did make sure that my glazier followed in behind a few days later to put a very heavy silicone seal all around it....it's called insurance!

Devil

pooltintinglz9.jpg

I agree with dry adhesive film and a silicone bead to seal edges.

PS :wall Film allows moisture out at install so certainly would allow it in reverse.

Archived