Rear brake light

Guest ///M AZING

Guest ///M AZING

Do most tinters cut around them or tint the whole window? On an 05 civic where the whole back package tray would have to come out. Do you pull that package tray out? If you leave it and tint the full back window, how do you suggest I clean that area? I just did mine and was wondering what tool works best to get the tint squeeged back there. I saw a tool named the bulldozer for getting back there anyone use that?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintdawg
Bulldozer works great, or the side swiper on that Honda. Some cars you have to remove the deck if the customer wants the whole window covered, we just charge extra for the time spent.

That right! Slide it behind. If you dont have a bulldozer, I used a plastic clipboard for years. Got it a wallyworld for about a buck. Just make sure you swip it clean back there.

Guest Al-tint
On an 05 civic where the whole back package tray would have to come out. Do you pull that package tray out?

That is up to you, the tinter. The bulldozer will get back there, but if the car is dirty, it will be hard to get a clean job.

To take it out you undo two bolts on the small seat back, remove. Undo one bolt on the side of the big seat back, remove. Undo one bolt on the seat bottom, (rear, right of centre) pop two clips from seat front, remove. C pillar wings will "pop" off. On the side walls there is a screw hidden behind the handle hold, remove. Pop out push pin from wall back, now the whole side panel will "pop" off. Undo three clips underneath at the front from rear tray and undo the light bulb. Lift tray UP to pop 4 pins and then pull forward. There will be 4 pins left in the car at the back by the glass. Take those out and put back in the deck panel.

Tint.

Replace.

First one took awhile, now 7 minutes.

Guest Soultinter

I cut around the brake light, don't want to be liable for any accidents, ( I couldn't see his brake light through the tint?) plus, I was told that in NY, vehicle inspection law could fail you for inspection.

one question I have had is that if the federal law requires a spoiler or wing to have a brake light if the vehicle has a 3rd in the glass then why is it not illegal on a federal level to tint over them too??

Archived